Thanksgiving

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, I was curious if you guys celebrated this holiday? I know it's pretty huge in the United States, it's much bigger then it is here in Canada.

Personally some years we celebrated with Thanksgiving dinner and such, but we don't make a real big fuss out of it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
we don't celebrate this day at all.
it doesn't exist in the celebrations calendar over here.
we know the states and Canada always look forward to it...but we don't.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yep. It's my favorite holiday of the year. I get to spend time with family, and I get a minimum of 2 days off work.

Twitch

Registered Member
Yeah, we celebrate Thanksgiving at my house. My family comes over for an early dinner, then some of my cousins come by after.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
meh. I've never been a fan.

Should be interesting this year. I'll be spending it with my "new" family - in-law type people, that is.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Elid, I don't think a lot of Canadians look forward to it, like I mentioned before I personally don't believe it's all that big here in Canada, but maybe that's because I'm comparing it to how huge it is for most Americans. Grant it a lot of them love it because of the Football games.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I do look forward to Thanksgiving. To me its not that huge in comparison to other holidays. But its probably more special to me. The food is fantastic, its recipes passed down from about 5 generations on my moms side. If theres one thing I am excited about its simply just the food. None of it ever gets made any other time of the year and pardon the hint of racism... but its White food for a change. I'm so pounded with Mexican food being crammed down my throat here in California that good ol' Honky food feels almost exotic. :hah:

Football is alright, but just the fun in sharing the recipes and working together in the kitchen is something I enjoy about Thanksgiving. It is for some weird reasons one of the only holidays my house family doesnt explode into arguments over.

Also... the leftovers from Thanksgiving are to die for!

we don't celebrate this day at all.
it doesn't exist in the celebrations calendar over here.
we know the states and Canada always look forward to it...but we don't.
Thats probably because thanksgiving is generally about getting away from Europe and surviving the Winter by raping and pillaging the native north americans. :hah:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't have a soul? What is it you think I dine on for Thanksgiving? I have many souls. Smothered in mushrooms and onions.

Football has to be one of the most boring sports I've watched. I'd prefer it if Baseball or Hockey were on instead.