Thanksgiving: What Are You Thankful For?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oxyMORON, Nov 26, 2008.

1. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, I thought we should stop and think of all the things in life that we are thankful for, and reflect on the things that seem insignificant yet are a part of your daily lives.

I'll try not to make this sound like an acceptance speech, but there are the obvious people I'm thankful for. My parents and friends, who have helped me through the ups and downs and who I can depend on. I'm also thankful that I'm in relatively good physical and mental shape. No major injuries, trauma, etc. I should also be thankful for have a home to live in and being able to live the lifestyle I'm living

Then there are the infinite little parts of my life that I appreciate, but never acknowledge...

- ziploc bags for keeping that freshness in
    - winter blankets for the winter time
    - back up batteries
    - the fact that there an abundance of tissues whenever I seem to need one
    - the pleasure music brings to my ears
    - the interactions with people I hate and love
    - the internet
    - portable heaters
    - watches/other methods of keeping time
    - instant meals, however unhealthy they may be
    - 7-11s
    - human generosity
    - national holidays

the list goes on.

Please stop and think of things that you can be thankful for. There has to be a few.

Jeanie likes this.

2. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

I'm thankful that I live in Canada, and that we already had our Thanksgiving a month and a half ago. :lol:

Seriously, though, I'm thankful for, above all things, my moderate, stable, and reasonable family + friends.

3. Omega

Omega Ω

OK I am not going to name random things that make me squeal as oxy did XD. I am thankful for everything I have in life. I have an girlfriend that for once does not make me want to kill her every time she opens her mouth. I am thankful that any time I want a place to voice my thoughts or a place to go when I feel home sick (Talking about these forums for you slower people[Sorry if you did not get it without the the words in the brackets])

I am thankful for the roof over my head and the A**holes in my life (Family). Also I am thankful for just being alive and getting to fight thru the bad to get to the good times in life.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm thankful for a friend of mine because she is amazing and the best friend anyone could ever have!! haha

..and my family..I love my family

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm thankful for my new life in Texas, things seem to have picked up better for me here and I'm also thankful for my family for helping me out during this change.

~Shwa

6. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Its hard to really think of what I am thankful for right now seeing how the last couple weeks has went for me and everything seems to be falling apart at the seams, but when I step back and look at the big picture and realize that all of it is stuff that can be turned around, I am thankful I still have my health, sanity, and family to help me through all this stuff.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I am thankful that I have a supporting family, who will love me no matter what my choice in life are and who only want to see me happy.

I am thankful for the friends that I have, and all the things that we do for each other.

I am thankful for video games, as they take a major part in de-stressing me.

8. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

Honestly, I am extremely thankful for you guys. It's no secret that my life hasn't been exactly peachy lately and through it all I could come here and talk with you guys, joke around in chat, and have people that actually like for me to voice my opinion. I honestly cannot tell you guys how much it has meant to me this past month.

I am also thankful for 24 hour fitness, for being there for me at 3 in the morning when I get a sudden surge of anger that i need to take out on the pool.

I'm thankful for a painful, sad conversation I had with my father because now I've finally got him back and we might actually do something for the holidays.

and I'm thankful to George Bush, because I'm still alive and as far as I can tell our country is still here, so as for as I can tell he's done an O.K. job watching out for us.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I am thankful for my wonderful friends. Here and in real life.

10. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I am thankful that I have family and friends who care soo much about me. When I had my heart surgery, they were there for me.

I am thankful that general forum exists because it is fun to talk to you all!

Also thankful for post it notes too.