• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thanksgiving recipes...

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I know, it's still a little ways off, but since I usually end up cooking for 20-30..it's never to early to share recipes.
What's the one dish you MUST have at your Thanksgiving table? (please don't say turkey :lol: )

For me it's the cheesy taters...yes I do the mashed as well, but Mmmmm these are so yummy!

1 pckg frozen hash brown potato cubes
1 medium container sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pckg shredded cheddar
salt and pepper optional

Mix all ingredients in a baking dish. I like to put extra cheese on top. Some crushed potato chips on to are also good. Bake at 350 about 45 minutes to 1 hour. You can tell it's done when the top starts to brown.

karenlyn

Registered Member
Andrew, I'm with you. A turkey is pretty, but it's all about the side dishes. And the gravy. In fact, the last few years, we've done chicken instead, because turkey was a lot of trouble. Here's my favorite stuffing recipe, for people who like to make stuffing seperately instead of inside the bird.

Classic Thanksgiving Dressing With Parsley, Sage and Thyme

1 pound crusty Italian or French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (10 to 12 cups)
4 Tbsp.(1/2 stick) butter
2 onions, diced (about 2 cups)
2 celery stalks, diced (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1 tsp. dried sage, rubbed between fingers
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 large eggs

Spread bread cubes in a single layer on two large sheet pans and let dry for a few hours or overnight.

Adjust oven racks to lower- and upper-middle positions. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake bread until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.

Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; sauté until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. In a large bowl, mix bread, vegetables and remaining ingredients.

Turn into a greased 3-quart baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until steamy, 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crusty, 5-10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.

Penguin

Registered Member
My MIL's macaroni cheese pie! It's heavenly! and my MIL's aunt's recipe of sweet potato souffle (which I usually make, these days). I don't have the recipes handy at the moment, but I'll try to remember to come back to this thread with them :)

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Karenlyn, that stuffing sounds yummy, I love to put crumbled sage sausage in my stuffing as well.

Penguin...I can't wait to get that recipe, I think my queenies will actually eat it!:lol: