• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thanksgiving note battle on delayed flight

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Los Angeles TV producer pulled off an epic Thanksgiving Twitter take-down of an apparently horrid fellow passenger on his flight to Phoenix yesterday that ended with the middle-aged woman slapping him in the face.

Elan Gale Thanksgiving note battle played out over Twitter and ended in slap | Mail Online
At first I was feeling a little sorry for this woman because I thought Elan was being a little bit of a dick head until I read what she said to a flight attendant. The woman was rude and got what she deserved. She pretty much had everyone on the flight upset with her.

He proved he was the better person by not having her arrested for hitting him.

What do you think about this passing of notes? Have you ever encountered someone like this while traveling?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I read about this on buzzfeed yesterday. I think both parties were wrong here really. Elan telling her to eat a dick was really immature and made him sound like a child. I was on his side but he could have dealt with the situation much better. In the end I think the woman was worse than him though. He shouldn't have told her to eat a dick but she seems like she was being a horrible person.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes she was being really nasty to everyone and thought her Thanksgiving was more important than everyone elses but he didn't have to say that.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I feel sorry for the flight attendants more than anyone else. No one hates delays more than them, because they have to deal with angry peoples bullshit. I'm sure they want to be home with their families too. The flight attendants have no say at all over whether planes are delayed or not, so it really annoys me when people take their anger out on them.

I was stuck on a train that was delayed for like 4 hours once. And one woman started to get really angry and yell at the attendant in the carriage with us, but all the people around her started defending the attendant and telling the woman to calm down. It was pretty cool.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I felt sorry for attendant too, imagine someone telling you that your Thanksgiving wasn't important, only her's was. She deserved most of what Elan said.

Glad they stood up for the attendant on the train because it wasn't his/her fault.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That's a really elaborate lie to put an imaginary play by play on Twitter. Lame.

I only saw this thread now, but if the situation were real, I still would have said he handled it wrong, fueling an already fragile matter. I'm in the service industry myself though, and I would agree with this last article posted - it's never ok to abuse you service provider.

Last edited: