Thank you for the invitation

I

Islandhopper

I was recently invited to join this forum by a fellow debater from another forum. So thank you for that. By the way, I was happy to see the "one liner" rule here, makes for more interesting discussions. I'm also glad to see there is no subforum for conspiracy (I'm sorry alternative) theories. Those theories seem to clog cyperspace quite a bit. Anyway, I may visit once in awhile as my debating interests must be kept to just a few topics for lack of time. My first post concerned Cuba, my origin of birth. When it is finally announced that "El Barbudo" (Castro) has finally kicked the bucket, I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion going on, and I will be here!

Here's to free speech and the internet!!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am the one who has invited you to the forums, I am very glad you've decided to join these forums. By your first post in that Cuba topic, it seems that you'll be a good member on these forums. I am also glad that you enjoy the one line rule because I think it's a very good rule, and everyone should apply to that rule, especially in the Mature Discussion section. Enjoy yourself and post as much as you can.

I

Islandhopper

Vince Carter said:
I am the one who has invited you to the forums, I am very glad you've decided to join these forums. By your first post in that Cuba topic, it seems that you'll be a good member on these forums. I am also glad that you enjoy the one line rule because I think it's a very good rule, and everyone should apply to that rule, especially in the Mature Discussion section. Enjoy yourself and post as much as you can.
Vince, I appreciate your thoughts and welcome. But I am disappointed in the mature discussions with some of the posters, one of which holds the title "super moderator". Not sure what the criteria are for that, but apparently posting respectfully is not one of them. So far I've been called stupid, an idiot and a fool. I stooped to his level and called him an ass (oh well). Not sure where the mature discussion comes into play, but unfortunately, debating with children is not my idea of mature discussion. Sorry for the rant.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Welcome to the Fusion Central IslandHopper,

I hope to see you start some great topics about debating in MD and GD and I hope you have a great time here and enjoy your stay

Great topic you made about Cuba

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Islandhopper said:
Vince, I appreciate your thoughts and welcome. But I am disappointed in the mature discussions with some of the posters, one of which holds the title "super moderator". Not sure what the criteria are for that, but apparently posting respectfully is not one of them. So far I've been called stupid, an idiot and a fool. I stooped to his level and called him an ass (oh well). Not sure where the mature discussion comes into play, but unfortunately, debating with children is not my idea of mature discussion. Sorry for the rant.
Well, it's mature discussion, not civil discussion. Some people choose to argue in different ways. All I can say is, talk with him about it and work things out.

Other than that, welcome to the forum, hopefully you'll stay around and enjoy yourself!

Welcome to FC... I think if you continue to give this place a chance, you'll find you enjoy it. I hope you can overlook the negative actions of a few members for the fact that as a whole we're pretty excellent, hehe

A

Ant On A Log

Islandhopper said:
I feel you, mane.