• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

thank goodness for taxes

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
After tomorrow, I'm laid off till june, so I get to collect unemployment for a month and a half thereabouts. Makes me appreciate the 50 dollars deducted off of every paycheque. Yay for a month and a half of free government paid vacation!

Bliss

Sally Twit
As I said on BBM, that sucks and I'm sorry.

I am glad you are seeing the positive side to it. Still, you got in to a routine so I hope you don't start sleeping in until the afternoon every single day. ;)

You also said you enjoyed biking to work so there's no reason you can't go for a morning ride.

Wade8813

Registered Member
It's a good thing the government took your money so they can give it back to you...?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
It's a good thing the government took your money so they can give it back to you...?
Yes. Because otherwise Danny would have spent it all. :p

Smel said:
Laid off!
That sucks! Going back to the same job, or are you going to go to college? Unemployment would pay for it, if you're doing the latter! Exploit your good fortune while you have it!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
well, the boss said he'll be calling us back in june. it's only a month and a half I'll be off. So I figure I'll just coast on EI for the month and a half. A nice vacation. And if by june, I don't actually get called back, I'll talk to EI about them paying for my schooling. Theres no way I could afford school if I'm off past the start of june.
------
uh yah haha. every paycheque, you pay into employment insurance. I've been working since I was 18, so that's about 6 years that I've paid into it. That means i could technically stay on EI for about a year. lol

Last edited:

shelgarr

Registered Member
Hope you enjoy your time off Smel.

It's embarassing for us to be on EI. But I guess after 30 years of paying into it, at least there is less guilt about it. One thing that did happen is we were able to deduct all of our health insurance premiums! Therefore we are getting a large return. Thank God because day to day passes without any calls. It's hard on the finances, and it's hard on mental health, and it's hard on marriage.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
It could turn into a good thing; I'd use the time to get into rip-roaring shape and eat better, myself.

Wade8813

Registered Member
You can get into "rip-roaring shape" in a month and a half? Wow...

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
If I bike 20 miles everyday!

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
You can get into "rip-roaring shape" in a month and a half? Wow...
Without employment or school getting you down? Definitely.

I'm not talking about gaining weight or building Ah'nold musculature, btw, I'm talking about actually getting into shape. Like fitness.