• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Thailand's government overthrown

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This just happened on Tuesday. I must have missed it. I've been busy and haven't caught up on the news lately. Anyway, Thailand's military overthrew it's government on Tuesday. Here is an interesting read on the story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/20/AR2006092001794.html

I am still figuring out what to think of this exactly. There are many sides to the story right now.

Albey

Registered Member
I think that it'll be semi good. From what i read it seems like the prime minister has the power to do anything. Maybe they tring to add a sorta democracy?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I wouldn't stay there either if I didn't have to. That was a smart move on his part. He can always go back later on and finish it. We'll see.

The more important thing of course is the stability of the government over there. Hopefully it gets settled soon.