Thai food

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Merc, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Any fans? I love pad thai and it opened me up to a whole new cuisine that I now call my favorite. I love all their spices and noodles, I'm going to try and put together my own dish later this week.

What are you favorite thai meals?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have always wanted to try Thai food, but never have. Whenever I get take away food I always go for chinese for some reason...Any suggestions on what would be good to try for a first time Thai eater?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Pad Thai, it's the basic Thai meal you'll probably find outside of Thai restaurants.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I love Thai food. Lemon grass chicken is really good. I can't really tell you my favorite because I haven't been too often. What I can tell you is that every time I go, I try a different dish, and have loved them all.

6. wazupdoc

wazupdoc Registered Member

you should try a Thai curry. really amazing curry sauce with a coconut milk base served with some meat (also vegetarian) and veggies and some rice. delicious.

btw: there also also non-coconut milk versions if that's not your cup of tea.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Speaking of which, I did a thai chicken curry last week. I just don't have specific measures for it since I mostly experimented. It turned out fine. The closest I can find now with the ingredients I used is this recipe: Steve's Yellow Chicken Curry recipe because I used potatoes and red bell pepper (some thai chic curry recipe don't use them).

8. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I have only thai food once, a green curry and I was very impressed with it.
    There are a lot of pubs around my area that have been doing thai food for a while and I always look at the menu and think I will order something but never do,lol.

The only take out place that does it is very expensive and from what I have been told not all that good.
    I am hoping that over the following weekend I will be able to try some more as I am going to a pub with a very good thai menu for lunch with a couple of mates.