Thai food

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Any fans? I love pad thai and it opened me up to a whole new cuisine that I now call my favorite. I love all their spices and noodles, I'm going to try and put together my own dish later this week.

What are you favorite thai meals?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I have always wanted to try Thai food, but never have. Whenever I get take away food I always go for chinese for some reason...Any suggestions on what would be good to try for a first time Thai eater?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I love Thai food. Lemon grass chicken is really good. I can't really tell you my favorite because I haven't been too often. What I can tell you is that every time I go, I try a different dish, and have loved them all.

wazupdoc

Registered Member
you should try a Thai curry. really amazing curry sauce with a coconut milk base served with some meat (also vegetarian) and veggies and some rice. delicious.

btw: there also also non-coconut milk versions if that's not your cup of tea.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Speaking of which, I did a thai chicken curry last week. I just don't have specific measures for it since I mostly experimented. It turned out fine. The closest I can find now with the ingredients I used is this recipe: Steve's Yellow Chicken Curry recipe because I used potatoes and red bell pepper (some thai chic curry recipe don't use them).

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have only thai food once, a green curry and I was very impressed with it.
There are a lot of pubs around my area that have been doing thai food for a while and I always look at the menu and think I will order something but never do,lol.

The only take out place that does it is very expensive and from what I have been told not all that good.
I am hoping that over the following weekend I will be able to try some more as I am going to a pub with a very good thai menu for lunch with a couple of mates.