• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Texas Tech in Deep Trouble

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
NCAA: Texas Tech broke major recruiting rules in football, softball, golf - ESPN

The NCAA accused Texas Tech of major rules violations tied to recruiting on Friday, saying 16 athletics department staff members sent nearly 1,000 impermissible text messages sent to football, softball and golf prospects.

The NCAA said the school discovered the violations and reported them. It did not add punishments beyond the school's self-imposed two years of probation, recruiting restrictions and scholarship reductions.

The NCAA said the football violations occurred between August 2007 and February 2009, which would have come under former coach Mike Leach. The NCAA said the football coaching staff sent approximately 234 text messages to 45 prospective student-athletes.
I didn't like the trouble that Leach might have brought to Maryland. Now I'm 100% sure that Maryland has made the right choice for a coach now. Texas Tech is going to see some huge sanctions now.