• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Texas Ranger Fan Dies

Dabs

Registered Member
Fan dies after falling from stands at Rangers game in Arlington, Texas.

A man attending a Texas Rangers game with his young son died after falling out of the stands and about 20 feet to the ground while trying to catch a baseball tossed his way Thursday night, the rangers officials said.

The man's son was not injured, and apparently the man went head first over the railing, straight down.

Team President Nolan Ryan said: "We had a very tragic accident tonight and one of our fans lost their life reaching over the railing to get a ball. As an organization, and as our team members and our staff, we're heavy-hearted about this and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family."

Sometimes it doesn't pay to try for that foul ball or a ball tossed into the stands. So many people go ape shit just trying desperately to get it. This is a sad story.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't imagine being that little boy. He's going to have a fun day at the ballpark with his father, and this happens.

RIP

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
This is such a terrible story, and it was a total accident too. I can't imagine what Hamilton must be feeling, even though it wasn't really his fault.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Wow, I heard of this but didn't realize it was from reaching for a ball. How sad.

Comet

Registered Member
Such a horrible and tragic accident. For his son to have to witness this is just awful. My deepest thoughts to the family.

What broke my heart was when they reached him the first words out of his mouth were concerns for his son and that he was alone.

I saw Nolan Ryan in the press conference after the incident and he was visibly shaken.

"A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end" - Aristotle

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
I expect Hamilton to relapse if he's left alone. Sad day for both the kid, the family and Hammy.

Comet

Registered Member
I expect Hamilton to relapse if he's left alone. Sad day for both the kid, the family and Hammy.
I feel for Hamilton. He must be enduring a heavy and guilty heart. Obviously this was an accident and Hamilton will most likely wrongfully blame himself. It may take some time but eventually he will realize this and come to terms with this tragedy.

BigBob

Registered Member
I feel for Hamilton. He must be enduring a heavy and guilty heart. Obviously this was an accident and Hamilton will most likely wrongfully blame himself. It may take some time but eventually he will realize this and come to terms with this tragedy.
We can only hope. He's over come so much and I feel he's placing all of the blame on his shoulders. I believe he'll do everything he can to help the family and I won't be shocked to see him do something like pay for the kid to go to college or set up some savings for him so he's set in the future.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I heard of this last night actually, my thoughts and prayers are with the man's family for sure...just sad on so many levels, he was with his young son at a ballgame with a lot of us U.S. guys dream about doing someday, and his poor wife hearing about the news, and his poor kid being there to witness it...just not cool. But it was a total accident, and things like this happen from time to time in big stadiums.

From the perspective of what MLB may or may not do, this has come up in two conversations I've had:

1. Will they stop letting Outfielders toss baseballs to fans?

2. Are railings too low, and will that somehow be questioned?

I have no idea what I think about those two things, just something that people had brought up. With OFers tossing baseballs to fans, I tend to think this was a freak accident and that it should still be allowed...I don't know, though.