• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Texas Giant Reopens with New Safety Measures

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
The park also added a test chair out in front of the ride's entrance. The chair allows patrons to see if they can fit in the chair with the restraint bar in its proper position. Once the bar is in proper place, a buzzer goes off saying they're good to ride the Texas Giant. A rider must also be four fee tall.
They should do this for all roller coasters and other rides, that way, park patrons will know whether they'll fit in the roller coaster car or not. Ergo, people will have less fears of falling out of their seats.

Two months after fatal fall, Texas Giant ride re-opens with new safety measures - U.S. News

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its sad they had to wait until someone died to do this but at least they are doing it now. I bet there are many people that wouldn't fit in some rides.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I have always hated that ride. I thought it was the most uncomfortable roller coaster I have ever been on. It rattled me around so much that I had bruises all over the next day. Awful ride.