Texas FG wins game as time expires

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Texas 13, Nebraska 12. What a fucking incredible game.

Nebraska's offense was totally inept the entire game. Just 5 first downs and 106 total yards. But their defense was amazing and kept them in the game. They had 8 sacks and held Texas to just 202 yards of offense. Ndamukong Suh is a stud at DT and is a guaranteed top 5 draft pick.

Nebraska led 12-10 with about 1:40 to go. Then their kickoff went out of bounds giving Texas the ball at the 40. A big play and a 15 yard penalty later they were in field goal range. But they almost fucked everything up. McCoy took the snap with about 10 second left, rolled out, and had to throw the ball away and time expired. But they reviewed the play and put 1 second back on the clock. They hit a 46 yarder to win the game.

Texas is going to the national championship game to play Alabama.

:mad:

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Go Big 12 go! I was happy that Texas won because I am rooting for the Big 12 team to win the National Championship.

What a ridiculous fucking game. I was so bored at the beginning of the game but it ended so weird. Nebraska was so bad on offense but Suh, wow o wow.

Draft him St Louis Rams, draft him.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't have anything against the Big 12 or Texas. I was just hoping for some BCS chaos and maybe seeing TCU get a shot for the title. I think they're as good as anyone.

But yeah, Nebraska's offense was almost as bad as I've ever seen. They didn't help themselves with the conservative play calling, running on 1st and 2nd down almost every single time. When all of your runs are getting stuffed, maybe it's time to try something else. But that defense is sick. I was impressed. If not for the dumb penalties at the end I think they would have won.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

My friends at UT must be going nuts right now. My school doesn't have a football team so I root for Texas by default. I imagine half my cousins are celebrating too since they're UT alumni.

But if Texas had to win on a last second field goal, I don't think they can beat Alabama. Hopefully they can get their offense going.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not convinced TCU would have been the ones to slip in there. I wouldn't have been surprised to see Cincinnati get the nod against Alabama. Both are undefeated and Cincy has higher profile victories based off the conference they play in.

I couldnt believe how that ended tonight though. Kick out of bounds and then the horse collar tackle. Unreal.