Texas Chainsaw ACCIDENT...

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
This guy cut off an arm AND a hand with a chainsaw. :shocked:

I almost posted this in Offbeat news but it's almost too dumb. Seriously, when will the madness stop? I hate to laugh about this but... :lol: This is one of the dumbest self inflicted injuries I've heard about in a long time.

(CNN) -- A Texas man was rushed to hospital after a chainsaw mishap left him unarmed -- literally.

25 year old Darryl Simmons and a friend, both of Fort Worth Texas had been video taping a home-made horror movie in a wooded area near Simmons' house when the accident occurred around 2 p.m. Tuesday. Simmons was acting the part of a serial killer, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" style when he apparently dropped the moving chainsaw on himself after slipping. The saw severed Simmons' left arm above the elbow joint and his right hand at the wrist.

"We were trying to film a scene in which (Simmons) slides down a ledge with the chainsaw. We wanted as much realism as possible -- so he was running with it turned on -- I guess he slipped." Simmons' friend of Fort Worth said when questioned about the event. He asked to remain anonymous.

Simmons' condition is currently unknown. He was admitted under critical condition and it's not yet known whether or not his arm and hand can be reattached.

"We're investigating the circumstances that lead up to this unfortunate injury. While we are not ruling out possible foul play, this appears to be nothing more than a tragic accident." Deputy Sheriff Terrance Donald, who was first to arrive on the scene told CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/03/texas.man.chainsaw/index.html

:shocked: :shocked: :-o

Last edited:

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
wow... what a dumbass. seariously animation isnt good enough. sure he may of had to buy software but its cheeper in the long run.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah pretty much. Bad special effects are better than none when safety is a concern, or when safety SHOULD be a concern. Looking back it would have been wise to figure out a safer way to do this.

Oh what.. movies aren't real? :shake:

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
definately not him, and if im wrong the he is worse off than what can be helped.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Even using a real one would have been fine. It would have sounded the same if they took the chain off and ran it like that. Just wouldn't have been as devastating(at all) if dropped on somebody.