GameBoy Tetris

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doc, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You know you've played this game at some point in your life, but this is the original. At least for me. Tetris, the first one, was my first Tetris game and I've been hooked ever since. Does anyone else have an addiction to this game like I do? I know some people get bored with it after so long.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I can play it every once in a while, but after 15-20 minutes I have to stop. Just thinking about that game gets that damn song stuck in my head. I'll be singing it all night. Thanks a lot, Vez.

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Yes, I have played it, bit not the GB version... I had the NES (nintendo) version, yes there was another... one released by Tengen, but it was a unlicenced game

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It's also worth a lot of money because it was pulled from the shelves. You don't see a lot of people trying to pass of unlicensed games anymore, it used to be really big back then. I know I can still play that game for hours, though.

5. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

i have 2 copies of the original. and i used to keep a high score chart but have no clue where it is [ it was just a post-it note with my scores ]. but i know i've gotten more than 100k cause that's what activated the rocket when you got gameover.

6. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

I never really liked it. I remember playing it as a kid and I got bored pretty quick.

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Tetris is actually good for alot of things... I have used it many times, for packing, and moving mostly, but it still comes in handy...

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Tetris is one of the only games I can think of that exposes gamers to classical music. Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the sugar plum fairy" was the theme song for the original Tetris. :) I have loved that song ever since!

9. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

is that theme A?

i think it's theme B, it's "the russian drinking song" and i love the song so much that i learned how to play it on the bass. {=\

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I haven't played it forever so I don't know. Its the slower paced song. It's hard to describe... I am pretty sure it's theme A, but somebody who knows the song, and has the game would have to confirm.