Tetris Strategies.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Smelnick, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

When you play tetris, do you usually leaving a single vertical space on one of the sides for sliding in the long 4 square to get a Tetris(4 rows at once)? I know that I do that. I tend to keep it on the left side myself. Which side do you prefer to keep open? Do you have any specific strategy to playing it? Any favourite versions? I always like to make sure I never get a 1 wide and 3 tall space in the mix. Theres only one piece that can fit in there and it's so rare. a 1 wide by 2 tall space is easier to fill but still rare. I like to leave lots of single spaces though, because those are the easiest to fill. The blocks I hate most are the square ones. I always get them when I don't have a 2 wide space available.

So lets hear about your tetris strategies.

2. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

My old phone had tetris. I would play it all the time and I can't believe I never thought of that. I would always try to lay down the long pieces. I don't really have much of a strategy except to think quickly and move quickly.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I do tend to leave the vertical slot open to try and get the Tetris, but I also try to leave a spot open fir the big squares because those can really mess you up.
    I love to play the game, i think i have it on every system that i have gotten in the last 13 years, i even have it on my digital leash too.

I would like to see a new version of the game come out for the Wii, something along the lines of a new Tetris sphere.

We have alot of fun playing Battle Tetris on the DS. It is just so much fun to mess with the other player while they are trying to beat you.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Being a pretty good tetris player I start on level 10, I can't stand the slower speeds and realize that you only score about 50,000 on your way up to level 10 on a perfect run.

When the game is going fast you have to go with whatever fits or you'll screw it up really fast, I just put the pieces in as they go, there's almost never a time when I'll stack just to get the huge point bonus, it doesn't work when it goes fast.

5. Smelnick

I have it on every system too =P Computer, DS, my phone, XBox, all my emulators lol. Its pretty much one of my favourite games, just ask PretzelCorps. We always play the DS battle tetris. It's amazingly fun.

I know what you mean. On tetris DS, theres the marathon mode where you have to try to get to level 20 by clearing 200 lines. By the time I get to level 19, their going so fast. I usually give up on trying to get tetris's around level 10 lol. Soon I shall beat this mode =P The only cheap thing about DS tetris is that the blocks don't instantly lock when they land. You can keep flipping them around and around and around and around. They don't lock in place till you let them sit a moment.

6. Mason

Mason phawq

When the level is at a slow pace thats easy to keep up with, I usually try to get as many tetrises as possible.

7. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

yeah, it's all about the tetris' with me. i do whatever i can to score anything but singles.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You're all wrong. Tetris is all about longevity.

Tetriii always come as random events. Your only goal over level 20 should be to keep the game going for as long as possible.

9. Smelnick

When things start to speed up, singles are your best friend. It's alot easier to get a single each time a brick falls, than it is to get doubles and more. Getting singles after singles keeps the score going up while keeping your stack short =P

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I do that too. I don't think I paid attention on which side I usually make it happen. It works for the beginning but when the game gets faster, that strategy is my downfall.

I was expecting Steve to post here. He's the Tetris King in our gf arcade version. Did you see his videos, smelnick? It's in the arcade chat forum.

I also remember one of the tips he gave me, regarding holes. You can read it here (you're vip so you can access it).