Terry signs 6 year deal with Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yahoo.com - Jason Terry really did want to stay with the Dallas Mavericks , even if it meant taking less money.

Terry lasted only about 12 hours on the free-agent market, agreeing Saturday to a six-year deal with Dallas. Agent Dan Fegan declined to give specifics, other than saying "there is a hometown discount."

"I'm excited," Terry said, his enthusiasm evident in his voice. "It's definitely something I wanted to do. It's just about being part of an organization that cares and a city that cares about the team. I've grown to love the fans and they love me."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41231/20060701/terry_agrees_to_six_year_deal_with_dallas/

2. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

good for him this shows that some people would rather make a little less money and be with the team they want to play with

3. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

Its about time. I knew they would have signed him.

4. merob

merob Boom!

I'm sure they're glad. Although his team lost, he was one of the stars of the finals.

5. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

They would have one, but Dirk choked, he's not very clutch.

6. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

the refs gave it to miami, but i think dallas will win this year they are young and that was their first year together as that kind of team

7. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

That's what i love to hear, he would have stayed in Dallas for little money, that's what i love to hear about in NBA players, it shows they want to play, not just for the money. In the Playoffs, Terry was Dallas' MVP in my opinion. Nowitzki didn't have many good games whilst Terry had a good game pretty much ever game in the Finals. Him and Nowitzki are the future of Dallas, sorry Howard too. Terry will make a big impact on them next season and he is a very good and solid point who can shoot the lights out and get his teammates involved.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Wow. Fans/organization, etc. over money. Now that's what I call a team player.

9. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Yeah if i was Avery Johnson i would be so happy to have such a dedicated team player.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I tottaly agree with you guys, but I would do the same if I knew my team had the chance to win a championship, he's been the league a long time now, he has made is fair share of cash, now he just wants to win a championship, and he knows that the Mavs will have a big chance to do so.