Terry returns for the Bahamas to sign 50 million$ deal

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Star-Telegram - Jason Terry returned from his vacation in the Bahamas to sign a six-year $50 million contract with the Mavericks.

Terry had agreed upon the contract on July 1st.

“For me, it’s a no-brainer,†Terry said. “I’m at the prime of my career, so getting a long-term deal now was the No. 1 priority.â€

“It means a lot to me — the commitment that the Mavs have shown to me and the support they’ve shown me all year long,†said Terry, who spent five seasons with the Atlanta Hawks . “For me, personally (coming to the Mavs) I knew it was an opportunity to play on a winning team and to finally get to the playoffs where I could showcase my skill level.

“But I also knew this was a chance for me to become a better player all-around. This is truly a blessing

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41658/20060725/terry_returns_from_bahamas_to_sign_$50_million_deal/

A

air_bryant24

good news for the mavs...hes a pretty good player and he did a solid job in the playoffs to help the mavs go to the finals..he would be a great addition to other teams but i guess he likes dallas the most..but good news for dallas..and a hefty salary there..lol

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a big raise for Jason Terry. Making 50 million dollars over 6 years is a lot for him. But he played very good and helped Dallas to reach the NBA finals so a efty paycheck was definitly waiting for him. A lot teams wanted him but he probably knew that Dallas was going to give the contract he wanted.