• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Terror Group Calls for Attacks on Malls

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mall of America in Minnesota, West Edmonton Mall in Alberta and London's Oxford Street are the ones Al-Shabaab are calling for attacks on. This is the same group that attacked Westgate Mall in Nairobi killing at least 60 people.

Al-Shabaab appears to call for attacks on Minnesota's Mall of America, other malls - CBS News

Considering we have relocated thousands of Somalians here there could be people among them loyal to this Al-Shabaab. I doubt they could do what they did in Nairobi but people could be killed. More likely this threat is to keep people from shopping.

Thoughts?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's hard to say whether its just threats and that's the terrorism part of if they'll actually attack. It's probably better safe than sorry for people to stay home. I'm sure the malls won't close because then that's giving the terrorists what they want and that would just encourage them to do it more. However, even if they don't close, just the bit of media that its gotten will be enough to deter people so that the malls will still have slow business.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Considering how many Somalians there are in Minnesota I think I would be vigilant if I were in that mall. You never really know what will happen because they are looking for revenge.

Al-Shabaab has heavily targeted the Minneapolis area, home to the largest Somali population in the United States, for recruiting. The United States killed the group's leader in an air strike in Somalia last year, leading Al-Shabaab to vow to avenge his death.

Johnson warns Mall of America patrons - CNN.com

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
I was viewing the BBC Africa news this afternoon.

A suicide bomber in Nigeria (presumably Boko Haram).
Witnesses said the bomber, who had ducked a security barrier to access a market, was a girl of about seven years old ...

You cannot 'fight' the sort of religious bigotry that finds spiritual glorification in such acts of barbarity.

Wisdom would suggest the fire of Islamic extremism is far from burnt out, so 'homeland' attacks from radicalised Muslims have an air of inevitability.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was viewing the BBC Africa news this afternoon.

A suicide bomber in Nigeria (presumably Boko Haram).
Witnesses said the bomber, who had ducked a security barrier to access a market, was a girl of about seven years old ...

You cannot 'fight' the sort of religious bigotry that finds spiritual glorification in such acts of barbarity.

Wisdom would suggest the fire of Islamic extremism is far from burnt out, so 'homeland' attacks from radicalised Muslims have an air of inevitability.
I found a article about them using a child as a suicide bomber. Sad they would resort to using children like that. I hope the Nigerians can beat back Boko Haram they have caused so many deaths not to mention destruction.

I hope homeland attacks aren't inevitable but that may be too much to hope for. Too many people listen to their propaganda. You would think they would look at what they are doing and think these people are crazy.

Young girl suicide bomber kills seven in Nigeria - Yahoo News

Last edited: