• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Terror attack on Berlin Christmas market

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Evoking images from the deadly Bastille Day attack earlier this year in Nice, France, a stolen Scania trailer truck barreled through the Breitscheidplatz city square in the German capital, mowing down dozens of civilians attending the popular holiday market in an attack U.S. and German officials both characterized as an act of terrorism.
Berlin truck crashes into Christmas market

12 people have died and 48 injured in another attack with a truck. How sad. I really don't know what to say anymore. Terrorist attacks are becoming the norm in many countries.

Thoughts?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm just sick of those ISIS bastards and their sympathizers. I hope the day will eventually come that we'll be rid of those pieces of human sewage.

hepismis

Registered Member
Our own spy agencies have a pattern of attacking us and then blaming "terrorists." That's just part of the cynical ruthlessness of spies. Accordingly, I'm not convinced there is even such a thing as IS. It could be a ruse intended to "mobilize public opinion."

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its pretty evident there is a group called ISIS, an offshoot of Al Qaeda. The terrorist that pulled off this attack may or may not be part of that group. May be some dead brain idiot that drank too much ISIS kool-Aid and though he would kill some people in the name of Allah. Although I do believe spy agencies of different countries are capable of stirring the pot to their advantage.

Impaired

Registered Member
Not to be a dick, but what do we expect to happen from our middle eastern policy of better living through blowing up locals?

Once a month we hear about a drone strike taking out a wedding party, or kids - do we think they are no consequences?

There is ZERO chance in a free (more or less) society to stop people from these attacks. Ban trucks?

I am not a muslim, not from the region, white, anglo-germanic mostly. However if people were bombing my street and blew up my kid, there would be hell to pay. Especially if they were aiming for Joe down the block and missed.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Not to be a dick, but this is what happens when you open the gates to all these immigrating Muslims without proper vetting. This is what happens when you give in to the bullshit "You're an Islamaphobe" if you want to be careful about who you are letting in, or a xenophobe or a bigot, or any other ad hominem the Left can think of.

Merkel has failed, and failed miserably, ALL in the name of political correctness.

Impaired

Registered Member
No, in the name of Freedom. You can't pretend to be free and then make religious tests for entry.

It has nothing to do about being politically correct.

Every terror attack in the US since 9-11 was a citizen.

What good would vetting immigrants have done?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Um, yeah, I never said they COULDN'T come in if they are Muslim, AND I was speaking about the problems in Europe and what happened in Berlin, where MANY of the attacks have been made by those migrating there. AND, I'm not only speaking about THIS attack, but the change Europe is going through, due to massive immigration. What in the world gave you the idea I was speaking about the attacks in the US? Did you mistakenly post your response in the wrong thread?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
And by that logic, what good does running background checks to buy a gun do?