• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Terror attack in Stockholm?

Bjarki

Registered Member
Explosions kill 1, injure 2 in central Stockholm

STOCKHOLM -- Two explosions shook central Stockholm on Saturday, killing one person and injuring two, rescue officials said.
Police spokeswoman Petra Sjolander said a car exploded near Drottninggatan, a busy shopping street in the center of the city. Shortly afterward, a second explosion was heard higher up on the same street, and a man was found injured on the ground. He was later pronounced dead.

Rescue services spokesman Bengt Norberg said two people had been taken to hospital with lighter injuries. He said the dead person was still lying on the street.

Sjolander said it was unclear what caused the second explosion but a police bomb squad has been sent to the site.

Another rescue services spokesman, Roger Sverndal said the car that exploded contained gas canisters.

Gabriel Gabiro, a former AP staffer, was inside a watch store on the opposite side of the street from the second explosion and saw people running from the site.

"I saw some people crying, perhaps from the chock," he said. "There was a man lying on the ground with blood coming out in the area of his belly, and with his personal belongings scattered around him."

Gabiro said the blast was "quite loud" and he saw smoke coming from the area where the man was lying.

"It shook the store that I was in," he said of the blast. "Then there was smoke and gun powder coming into the store."

Source: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/12/11/general-eu-sweden-explosions_8197754.html
Two explosions, gas canisters? Sounds like a terrorist attack to me.

Muslims? Wikileak supporters??

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I doubt Wikileak supporters would have done that... same as radical Muslims such as Al Quida and the Taliban. I think it is unrelated.

Bjarki

Registered Member
I doubt Wikileak supporters would have done that... same as radical Muslims such as Al Quida and the Taliban. I think it is unrelated.
Hehe yeah, prolly not the leakers, but I figured I might offend some people if I pointed only to the sand people.

I'm calling 'muslims' though. Not taliban, prolly not Al Qaeda either, but you're forgetting that the problems in sweden with muslims are one of the worst in the whole of Europe. Bit of a powder keg there in some neighbourhoods.
------
Looks like it:
According to the Stockholm police, a bag was found nearby the man who died in the second explosion.

Police refused to divulge details about the bag's contents. However, several Swedish newspapers report that the bag may have contained nails.

Approximately ten minutes before the explosions occurred, Swedish news agency TT received an email, also addressed to Säpo, in which a reached out to “Sweden and the Swedish people”.

He cites Sweden’s silence surrounding the cartoons by Swedish Lars Vilks which portray the prophet Mohammed as a dog, the Swedish troops in Afghanistan, saying in audio files attached to the email that “now your children, daughters and sisters die like our brothers’ and sisters’ children die”.

“Our actions will speak for themselves. As long as you don’t stop your war against Islam and degrading the prophet and your stupid support of that pig Vilks,” the man said.

The man also urges all Muslims in Sweden to “stop sucking up to and degrading”. He concludes the message with yet another call to “all the mujahedeen in Europe and Sweden”.

“Now it’s time to act, don’t wait any longer. Fear no one, don’t fear prison, don’t fear death.”
Religion of peace strikes again.. :thumbdown:

Good thing he failed and only killed himself :)

Last edited: