Movies Terminator 4

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't if you guys know this already but there's going to be a new Terminator, here's a little information about the new movie.

McG, director of the upcoming Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, appears to be putting together a cast that will rival Christopher Nolan's Batman flicks for star power. Current Batman Christian Bale has already signed on to play John Connor, and now McG hints that No Country for Old Men star Josh Brolin is his top choice to take over for Arnold Schwarzenegger as the big robo guy. "Josh Brolin is a very exciting actor — we'll see," McG says.

He also names Eric Bana and Russell Crowe as other potential candidates but says, "(They) bring a good physicality, they do what they do, but I don't know if they're exactly right at the end of the day." The movie is being prepped right now. It features a major role for John Connor and takes place between the action of Terminator 2 and 3. "This is the space between; this is post Judgment Day," says McG. "So there really is no continuation … It's sort of a different animal, whereas the first two pictures on this thing are Terminators from the future, this picture takes place in 2019"

http://movies.go.com/moviesproxy/tipster?id=939266

What do you guys think of the selections? and what do you think of them making a new movie without Arnold?

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

What confuses me is the quote, "...and takes place between the action of Terminator 2 and 3...", because I have no idea if they mean what it looks to be saying (after 2 and before 3) and as such have completely fucked up the timeline (unless the movie shows how the Resistance send the third T-800 Model 101 back to the events in Terminator 3), or if they meant to say that it takes place after 3. The reason this throws me off, is that while they state the movie takes place between 2 and 3, they also say it takes place in 2019, while Terminator 3 takes place in 2004. This leads me to believe someone screwed up at some point before that was placed on the internet. At what point they screwed up, I don't know.

As for no Ahnuld, I think it will be fine without him. As Cameron explained, all the T-800/850 Series come in different models, and each model has a specific face. What we know as The Terminator is (supposedly) a T-800 Model 101, which looks like Chief Master Sergeant William Candy (see the T3 deleted scenes), while the Model 102 looks like someone different. The reason for the different models is because that series of Terminators are used for infiltration missions, and if they used the same model over and over again, it would get to the point where the Resistance soldiers would spot it, and shoot the hell out of it before it even got close to the entrance. This is further backed up by the looks of the T-1000 and the T-X (having not seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles, I can't comment on the Terminators used in that show). As long as Josh Brolin can act like an emotionless robot to about the same degree Ahnuld did, it's believable.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008