• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tequila

Daemonic

Registered Member
Today I went to the store and discovered silver cuervo. I didn't buy it but ask the guy the difference. He said it's smoother so I said "less rough" ( he said not necessarily). Not sure if our definition was the same with rough. I have had legit tequila smuggled by friends and it was clear, loved it, one of my favorite drinks if it's good. I hate fucking gold tequilas, not from mexico.

So I said I have had legit tequila from Mexico clear and smooth and love it. I also said the problem is I'm on a budget. So some girl working there pointed one out for 30 something, low 30's, and based her decision on what I said I want. Didn't have the cash and forget the name, I also have a hard time with faces even though everyone knows me there.

I think only two girls work there and guess I can just ask if I run into them once I get the money. I wanna try this one. I hate the fact I have a hard time with faces. They all know me but I have trouble recognizing them.

Also, for those that have had the silver is it better than gold? or should I take a shot at the $30 one

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
He may have said, "Not necessarily [less rough]," simply because Cuervo Silver, though slightly less smoky and agave flavored than Gold, is still Cuervo and not a brand highly prized for quality. It would be sort of like asking if generic vodka is less rough than generic bourbon. More expensive tequilas go through more painstaking distilling processes than regular Cuervos do and the difference is not hard to tell. If you're into your drink enough to be contemplating a $30 bottle as opposed to just getting hammered on the cheap, I'd say go for it, at least once - and sip it at a leisurely pace. ;)

Daemonic

Registered Member
Thanks, I'll go for it with my Christmas money if I can remember the girl and she can remember it.
------
I will give it a shot when I get my Christmas money if I can find the girl That showed it to me but I forgot the name off. Sure if I ask around I can figure it out.Normally I don't spend that much on drink but I do like a good tequila.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Patron and Jimador are two that you can't really go wrong with. Have you ever had Mexican mescal, the cheapie tequila with a grubworm lying tits up in it? The most common brand I've seen in the US is Gusano Rojo, usually found with a little sack of flavored salt attached.

Raos

Registered Member
Cuervo is horrible stuff. Don't waste your money. For an inexpensive (probably in the $30 range) bottle check out Milagro http://www.milagrotequila.com. I like their reposado the best out of their offerings.

Once you have some money to spend, check out Casa Noble 2 year Anejo. This is like drinking liquid gold. You have never had anything like this in your mouth before. It is not easy to find. I found a local liquor store that was able to special order it for me after checking about 12 different places. It is about $60 a bottle, but it is well worth it. A little goes a long way. This is a sipping tequila. It is not one you party with. It is something you drink to appreciate the flavor and complexities of a good tequila.
------
Another decent one to look for (in the same range as Patron) is Don Julio.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
Cuervo is horrible stuff. Don't waste your money. For an inexpensive (probably in the $30 range) bottle check out Milagro http://www.milagrotequila.com. I like their reposado the best out of their offerings.
That is the very same bottle she suggested to me, I recognized it immediately on the web page. It was the blue bottle.

Thank you very much.

Raos

Registered Member
Your welcome. Milargo is decent. Certainly not top shelf, but if you are comparing against Cuervo then you should be very very happy with it. How are you planning on drinking it? If you are mixing it like in a margarita then the blue bottle (the silver tequila) is fine. If you are drinking it straight, either shots or sipping, then stay away from the silver and go with either the reposado (my recommendation) or the anejo.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Your welcome. Milargo is decent. Certainly not top shelf, but if you are comparing against Cuervo then you should be very very happy with it. How are you planning on drinking it? If you are mixing it like in a margarita then the blue bottle (the silver tequila) is fine. If you are drinking it straight, either shots or sipping, then stay away from the silver and go with either the reposado (my recommendation) or the anejo.
Agreed Milargo is fab in margaritas, you can taste the difference. I don't think it burns my throat as much as Cuervo either!

:)

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Tequila always does me in. I'll stick to whiskey.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bubbles Movies & TV 8
Millz NFL 7
G Bathroom Wall 4