Ten players critical to their teams’ playoff aspirations

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Ten players critical to their teams' playoff aspirations - NHL - Yahoo! Canada Sports

I agree with most of the names on the list, I don't agree that Radulov and Gagner are on the list though, I doubt that Radulov will come back to the NHL this season. Also the Oilers shouldn't rely on Sam Gagner.

I totally agree with having Kovalev second on the list, if he starts picking it up, then the other players will follow.

Mason is the one carrying this Blue Jackets team, and I totally agree that he should be number one on this list.

What are your thoughts?

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I don't adree with Avery being so high, or even on the list. That guy is a knucklehead.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

There's not a Red Wing on that list anywhere to be found. I guess they don't have that one player that if they get injured, they won't be hurting too bad.

Defiantly Malkin because it just seems Crosby has fallen off the face of the earth.

Edit: BUBBLE TEAMS. That's the one thing I didn't read, haha.

4. Babe_Ruth

The reasons why there's no Red Wings players is because they are definitely going to make the playoffs, these players are on teams that are battling for playoff position.

If Avery plays like he did when he first joined the Rangers a couple of years ago then he can make a huge difference on that team. Believe it or not when he's got his head screwed in properly he's a game changer.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

absolutely babe, avery is that old school power forward that isn't afraid to go dig in and get dirty for the goal. he's definitely a big piece of the rangers puzzle.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Then I hope the Rangers miss the playoffs, I don't wanna see that goon. I cannot stand him, he makes himself look like an ass most of the time. Thank God the Sharks don't have one of them. Haha.

I looked at the list again, Turco deserves to be on there. If they make it and want to advance past the first few rounds, he has to play well. He can't play like a few years ago when the Avalanche took them out, or when he lost the goalie duel to Luongo.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

he's only a goon because he practices free speech to get players off their game. guess what, it works. i'm hoping to see avery knock brodeur down again cause brodeur dives like a drunk.

8. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

Avery's antics and Brodeur's diving are both tactics that work.
    But for the list, I agree with most of the names, the order i would change slightly but for the most part it is good. But i am glad to see Malkin in place of Crosby, i have always hated the fact people thought Crosby would be the next Gretzky, or change any team he was on around, blah blah blah, it's all BS. And am looking forward to his fight with Ovechkin because Crosby is a pussy and will get tooled.

9. Babe_Ruth

Just take a look at today's game against the Flyers, the Rangers won 4-1 against them, and the biggest reason is because Avery stepped up his game, he finished with two goals.

Turco is a big piece of the Stars, but I think they need more then just him playing better for him to be on this list in my opinion.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

They need healthy players but until that happens, Turdco is key.

Okay, I'm sorry, Avery is a goon that can score. My Bad. Kidding. Haha. I was just disgusted at the incident that got him suspended. No need for that crap. As a player he is obviously talented, as a human being he is a little iffy.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009