Tempted to Cheat?

Sophia

Registered Member
Have you ever been in a relationship with someone and been tempted to cheat? It's a tough scenario especially if it's a work situation. What do you do? Do you remain faithful to your current partner, have an affair or break up and start all over?

Pepper

Registered Member
I have been tempted of course. I think everyone has been tempted to cheat at least once in their life. However, I have never cheated in a relationship. I've always thought that it's not worth it to ruin something strong for 5 minutes of fun.

Godsmirror

Registered Member
My first marriage was a sham anyway. That's how I justify my past actions. I was young, I was a cab driver in a major city so it was too easy to have fun, and the ex had her own agenda that I was never really on board with anyway.

When we're young we make stupid decisions. Like marrying the wrong person and using that as a justification to do whatever you want that flies in the face of marriage.

We get older and, hopefully, see our mistakes for what they were, how they hurt us, and take steps not to repeat them.

In other words, we grow up.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I've been tempted to cheat and have fallen for that temptation once. I've tried really hard to forget I was capable of being that person. I know there's that "it happens" or "it's natural" mentality, but I don't believe that's the right way to look at it. The temptation might be something that happens, but following through is such a conscious decision, in my opinion. If something like that happened now, I'd stay faithful to my partner because I love him and I've committed myself to him. But that's my situation.

Impaired

Registered Member
Of course. Temptation is always out there. Either you are trustworthy or you are not.

Cheaters can never trust because they can easily imagine cheating. I would not want to live that way.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I don't know, I've never been tempted to cheat while in a relationship. I have been cheated on, though. I prefer to just end the relationship and cut my losses, which sounds easier than it it really is. Cheating is a super low and shitty thing to do to someone.

I've never cheated before.

However, if I were in a serious relationship with a woman, but had more feelings for someone else, then that would tell me that the woman I was in a relationship isn't the woman I should marry.

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone and been tempted to cheat? It's a tough scenario especially if it's a work situation. What do you do? Do you remain faithful to your current partner, have an affair or break up and start all over?
Well the affair is out assuming one has any empathy or respect for their partner, and as for deciding between the other two options I suppose it really depends on the degree with which one values their current relationship. Personally a committed relationship to me is a committed relationship. There's time and love invested in it and that means something to me. I am inclined to choose heart over hormones.