• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Telltale's The Walking Dead: Season 3

Konshentz

Konshentz
The first two episodes were released on the 20th. Who's played it? What do you think?

I beat episode one tonight and liked what I've seen so far. I like a couple of the new characters and it's always nice to see Clementine again.

But I had two more crashes. It's actually hilarious at this point... why does Telltale have such a hard time making a point 'n click game work on a PS4? There's just no excuse anymore. I just hope none of these episodes are as bad as Batman's 5th one was.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I didn't even know it was out already. I'll download the first two episodes when I get home tonight. How did you like it so far? Is it safe for me to assume that Telltale will make me cry in the first chapter like it does in every Walking Dead game?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I didn't even know it was out already. I'll download the first two episodes when I get home tonight. How did you like it so far? Is it safe for me to assume that Telltale will make me cry in the first chapter like it does in every Walking Dead game?
The first episode was good. I like the new characters. Clem is always fabulous. There is a moment that is super sad. Prepare yourself! Haha. I plan on sparking up episode 2 in a few minutes. I hear that's the better of the two.

Off topic kinda, but have you played their Batman series yet? I can't remember if that was something you were interested in or not.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yeah, the last time we talked I had mentioned that I was interested. I ended up getting The Walking Dead: Michonne instead. But Batman is still on my list of games to play. I've just been wrapped up in the holiday season so I haven't gamed much at all in the last month.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ah, yessa. It's definitely worth playing once all this festiveness is done. Speaking of that... is Michonne? I can't remember if I beat the first episode or not. How was that overall?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I definitely ended up liking it. They managed to fit in a really decent story into just 3 episodes. I liked how it borrowed somethings from The Michonne Special comic but still managed to keep the story mostly original. And of course, it had that one soul crushing moment that TellTale games are known for.

Konshentz

Konshentz
You had me at "soul crushing". Haha. I'll try to give it a go after ep 2 of season 3.

I just really want a second season of Tales From the Borderlands. I probably shouldn't hold my breath though.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Finally picked up the first couple of episodes of this yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to at least play through the first episode. I shall be keeping ice cream and tissues handy.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
So I played through the first two episodes last night. While I like Javi, I'm not sure why he's the main protagonist. And Clementine as the secondary protagonist? There's such little time devoted to her and the events that took place in between seasons. In all honesty, I don't really care about Javi and his family when you put them in the same game as a character I spent 2 seasons emotionally investing myself in. I like Javi; he'd make a great hero in a stand alone Walking Dead game. But when you put him next to Clementine, he loses his edge. Which character am I going to care more about? One I've known for two episodes or one I've spent 2 seasons raising since she was a little girl?

Anyways, that aside, I was really surprised at how brutal the first episode was. I think this might be the first time we've seen a child die on screen with a full on headshot. Jesus H, man. I caught myself gasping at that scene. And then there was Kenny... Hnnnnnnng.