• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tell These Bullies To Knock It Off

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
What I hate is how there is now a scientific approach to this.

Bullying is simple: kids are assholes. Judgmental, rude, ignorant jerks who only see either their own enjoyment or social advancement as the result of pushing other kids around. It's part of growing up and it's never something we're going to 'fix'. All this hype over bullying is strange to me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It doesn't surprise me that a popular kid might be the victim of bullying too. In their case they would be bullied out of jealousy. Fortunately they usually have a posse on their side and probably won't take their lives unlike kids that are bullied because they are different or don't fit in.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I can see a popular kid being the target of bullies, even more so if they have climbed above what everyone thinks is the social norm for that kid.It could come on many forms as well, from being ignored or whispered about by the people who they used to hang with, to being called a brown nose and worse.

With the social media sites involved as well, bullying can take on an even more sinister form, back when I was school I was bullied in the first year, but I only had to worry about that while at school, kids now can be bullied online as well as in in the school, leaving them with no escape from it.

I wonder if the bullies of the more popular kids in schools are treated any differently from the average school bully, because they are picking on a popular student.
Would the school take more action over this then an average kid being picked on.

Sadly bullying will never be stamped out fully, it is something that is always going to around, the way it handled is what needs to change.
Back in my school days it was pretty much ignored by schools, at least now they do take notice of this problem.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
I don't think kids always have to at school. Its just that school places more emphasis on math English science rather than how to use these things in the world in a real life way of going about things. In the beginning of the year the teacher gives you a paper with rules. The kid throws this paper in the trash and forgets about the rules. . there needs to be monitors to teach kids to get along they just don't tell kids to stop chewing gum. They actually can show kids they can be helpful to other kids. . because learning is not limited to math and English science alone.. teach these kids all day the things they should be doing even at home..

Well you can't control what they do at home. But you can have more say when they are on the school grounds for example on the monkey bars a trained mentor can teach a child a lot effectively to climb their best. Teaching them skills and safety. He sees a kid climb the wrong way. Let them know there is a better way to do that. . Don’t pull on Brian's leg when he is trying to get to the slide. Brian can slip and hit his head. And you would not want this to happen to you..

While junior high and high school may be different mentors can use various ways for kids to get along. Do classroom assignments in how kids can get together. Show them the lesson what it is like to bully other kids and how then they would feel and you would not want to be treated that way.. . They can use rewards for kids being helpful. They will receive special field trip for behaving well at school.

I have worked with such a program like this at the local library. I was part of this game for kids ..only you just read and write a short story why you like this story. Read a book one short answer you're going to win prizes.

Hey this is a good way to get kids to read and be quiet. Does not mean kids will always behave. But at least at school some improvements can be made to lessen the bully type kids to have less of a chance to do this to other kids.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If schools would take bullying as seriously as they do pointing a finger maybe some of the bullies would think twice about their actions. It seems bullying is often ignored even when its reported to school officials and by the parents of the bully. I think often these bullies home life sucks and they take it out on other kids. Sometimes bullies have mental problems too or the parents have always let them do whatever they want.