• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tegs

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
^ Colloquial term for 'teeth'. And you've learnt something, already - unless you already knew.
Anyway... This is a general discussion about all things to do with teeth.

Random points/questions to start off:
*Is toothache the single most painful minor ailment you can suffer?
*Are you a tooth hygiene fanatic? Brush, Floss, Mouthwash, Brush with sand belt etc... Are you proper finicky about how clean your gnashers are? And do you judge others based on the state of theirs?
*Your stance on the idea that smoking destroys teeth?
*Stories of teeth being broken or smashed out in some way... Your own? Someone you've seen... (E.G. My Grandad had his front teeth smashed to bits with a cricket ball... resulting in dentures).

And anything else you can think of. It's pretty open, drag this toothy git of a thread wherever you like :)

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I've never had proper toothache to be able to judge that one. But from what I have experienced with tooth pains, I can imagine it to be terrible. Though I wouldn't say it's quite the worse kind of minor pain you can get.

*Are you a tooth hygiene fanatic? And do you judge others based on the state of theirs?
Not a fanatic, but I definitely prefer to keep my teefs clean, yes. I wouldn't say I ever judge other people based on the state of their teeth, but it would certainly put me off a person to some degree if they seemed durdy in the mouth region.

Doesn't it stain/discolour? I'm not sure to be honest, I've actually never noticed much different between the teeth of smokers and non-. Though I'm solely talking about younger, social smokers here. I'm sure it has long-term damaging effects.

*Stories of teeth being broken or smashed out in some way...
My friend had funny shaped teeth when she was a kid, and she always used to tell us it was because her FACE got smashed through a window or something.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.

I am going to go with an earache being more painful. It's worse because it's hurt worse then anything I've had with my teeth and it's not a tangible object like a tooth where you can actually see the issue.

*Are you a tooth hygiene fanatic? Brush, Floss, Mouthwash, Brush with sand belt etc... Are you proper finicky about how clean your gnashers are? And do you judge others based on the state of theirs?

Fanatic? Nah. I brush my teeth when I wake up and when I go to bed. I floss every once in a while. I do enough to keep them in really good shape.

Really bad teeth is definitely a turn off though. Unless there was an accident it shouldn't be THAT hard to maintain them.

I can only assume that it does. I haven't seen anything first hand; most people I know don't smoke or aren't old enough to see lasting effects.

*Stories of teeth being broken or smashed out in some way... Your own? Someone you've seen... (E.G. My Grandad had his front teeth smashed to bits with a cricket ball... resulting in dentures).

When I was a really young boy I smashed my mouth on a wall and didn't knock the teeth out but the front 2 teeth turned a grayish color until they finally fell out like normal.

I've got 4 permanent teeth removed in order to get braces put on. That sucked. Also had my wisdom teeth removed and cavities filled.

Lots of fun times!

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
I went on a plane a few months back while I had a head cold (do NOT do it) and on the descent my ears went mad, popping and whatnot. THAT is 10 times more painful than any toothache I've ever had.

I'm definitely not a fanatic. I have to force myself to brush my teeth, cause I just hate doing it. Something I've always hated doing since I was a kid. I do have to say though, it's definitely a turnoff when somebody has gross teeth. I don't judge cause I know what it's like, and I was lucky enough to get braces, but it definitely is a make or break with me ... not friendship wise or anything like that, but relationship wise definitely. I'm a bitch, I know it.

I've heard of the discolouring and whatever. I don't have a stance on it ...

I don't really have any, but I used to work with an older lady who told me the oddest thing. When she was a teenager/early 20's the cool thing to do was apparently get all your teeth pulled out and get dentures. Her and a lot of her friends did it. I can't for the life of me imagine why though. Anybody else heard of people doing this? I think it must have been in the 60's. :-/

Dekzper

Registered Member
Dunno cause I haven't had one. But it def couldn't be worse than an earache! I get those a lot and they're horrible!

*Are you a tooth hygiene fanatic? And do you judge others based on the state of theirs?
I gotta be cause I gotta keep my braces clean. :stare: But at least I have an electric toothbrush so it's not tooo bad, just boring.
I think peeps look better with clean teeth but I dont do worries about it.. too much.

Dunno what smoking does to teeth so I dont really have a stance about that.

*Stories of teeth being broken or smashed out in some way...
Grandad says he got a lot of his teeth knocked out in fights but that was when he was a kid in the 1970's. He said fights were a lot worse then.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
^ Colloquial term for 'teeth'. And you've learnt something, already - unless you already knew.
Anyway... This is a general discussion about all things to do with teeth.

Random points/questions to start off:

And anything else you can think of. It's pretty open, drag this toothy git of a thread wherever you like :)
* Used to think that until I had vertigo episodes.
* No, I don't floss but i do have this product I use from time to time that looks like flossing it - it's a tiny brush though that you can put in between teeth.
* I think smoking stains teeth.
* I haven't, thank goodness! I remember though one time a tooth was about to fall so I wanted to take it out. I was really young then. We had this idea to tie it to a door and then kick the door. :lol: It did it but I cannot imagine why I ever thought of agreeing to that now.

Impact

V.I.P.
Toothache is nothing compared to migraines.

I brush mine twice a day, but other than that nothing really. I have really strong teeth, as do most of my family on my dads side. I've never had a filling or anything, and my grandad still had all his own teeth in his 90's.
Yes, I do judge other people on their teeth hygiene, but only if they are really gross. I'm also not embarrassed to point out to people that they need to clean them. One of my brothers is really gross about it, I think he only cleans his teeth once a month. So gross.

I think it depends on how strong your teeth are. I mean, you see some people who have smoked for 40 years and their teeth are perfect, but then you see people who have smoked for only a couple years who have that yellow stain on them.

No gross stories of my teeth being smashed, but I have had 5 teeth removed for braces. One was still a baby tooth, so they ripped it out, then dug down to get the adult tooth out. All whilst wide awake and let me tell you, those injections they give you do not numb enough.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I brush mine twice a day, but other than that nothing really. I have really strong teeth, as do most of my family on my dads side. I've never had a filling or anything, and my grandad still had all his own teeth in his 90's.
Yes, I do judge other people on their teeth hygiene, but only if they are really gross. I'm also not embarrassed to point out to people that they need to clean them. One of my brothers is really gross about it, I think he only cleans his teeth once a month. So gross.@

I think it depends on how strong your teeth are. I mean, you see some people who have smoked for 40 years and their teeth are perfect, but then you see people who have smoked for only a couple years who have that yellow stain on them.

No gross stories of my teeth being smashed, but I have had 5 teeth removed for braces. One was still a baby tooth, so they ripped it out, then dug down to get the adult tooth out.# - All whilst wide awake and let me tell you, those injections they give you do not numb enough.
@ - That is fucking disgusting. I mean, a bit of neglect - the odd day or two -fair dos. But a month. Ruddy horrid.

# - Dug it out... I've never heard of that before, actually excavating a tooth. Sounds horrific.