• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Teens killed man in ‘knock ‘em down’ game

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Three teenagers accused of killing a 62-year-old father-of-12 in West Rogers Park were playing a game called “Pick ‘em out and knock ‘em down” when they videotaped themselves punching him in the face, prosecutors say.
Malik Jones, 16, Nicholas Ayala, 17, and Anthony Malcolm, 18, were caught after the video of Jones fatally punching Delfino Mora was posted on Jones’ Facebook page, according to authorities.

Prosecutor: Teens killed man in ‘knock ‘em down’ game

This seems to be a new horrible game some teenagers are playing. They pick out a innocent victim and knock them out by striking them and some of these attacks have ended in death. This happened in Chicago by a Latin street gang but it has also happened in St. Louis too.

I hope they throw the book at them. They don't deserve the courts mercy. Since they are a member of a gang its probably not the first time they did something like this, just the time they got caught. What do you think?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
They're not "Latin" they're black and they killed a "white" Latino. How come Jackson and Sharpton aren't holding press conferences? You know what, I bet if 0bama had a son he would look like those perpetrators.

Just imagine if instead of being killed the victim shot and killed those little bastards? Yeah, just imagine.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he had of killed them they would of called him a murderer for killing a black teenager and the civil rights leaders would of been all over it. Teenagers can be just as violent and dangerous as any adult.

What does Obama having a son have to do with it? If Obama did have a son I doubt he would be out running around with hoodlums.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Well that's what 0bama said about the vicious attacker Trayvon, isn't it? Where is 0bama on this sensless murder? See what I'm getting at?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
SS was referring to Obama's comment about Trayvon Martin and if he had a son he would look like him. It's not that his son would be a hoodlum but that he doesn't personalize this instance.

This is just crazy and our youth are more and more out of control, and why I carry my .40 with me just about everywhere. It also says a lot about the stupidity of our youth, in making their crimes public, doing the job of law enforcement for them.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I understand the comment now.

It does seem like some teenagers have no conscious, no morals, no limits and parents that don't care.

Alta

Registered Member
Disgusting. And this was some fucking game they were playing? 3 guys against a 62 year old man? Cowards. I hate to see shit like this. They're lucky I, or anyone else for that matter, wasn't there.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
There is something similar in the UK that has been going on for some time and was made famous called "happy slapping", the idea as with this is a bunch of people (usually between two and three people) choose someone random and whilst filming strikes them over the back of the head, it is not funny and it is not a game.

What worries me the most is this:

But Jones’ father, Terry Jones, said Monday that his son didn’t realize that the blow he was struck was fatal.

“He was only trying to knock him out,” he said, adding that his son’s troubles dated to his joining the gang and time he spent in juvenile detention in DuPage County.
Oh I see, he was only trying to knock him out? Oh well that makes it all better then doesn't it? Sweet jesus if I had done this I would rightly have no defence from my father. When someone defends someone else by saying "he was only trying to knock him out" I worry because honestly if this was the sort of defence the father used god only knows what sort of morals this kid is being taught by his dad.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought that was rather a stupid thing to say in defense of his son murdering someone. He was only trying to knock him out, dummy he shouldn't of been doing that. I have to wonder how much time this man ever spent with his son and also what type of person this dad is and if he was ever a member of a gang.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had heard about the death we had in St Louis over the same thing where they killed a Korean man who was elderly in what they called the "knock-out game." Pretty sad and ridiculous to me that kids would do this but it seems like something that happens in many places.

Makes ya not want to walk anywhere.