Teens indicted after girl hangs herself.

I never blamed Pheobe for being bullied. I said that she is at fault for not TALKING to her parents or counselors. For NOT TAKING ACTION. Its the equivalent of standing in a whole while people dig a grave out of it, and then bury you, which is EXACTLY what happened to Phoebe, quite literally.
Magnum, adults, school-admin, KNEW this was going on. Read the story..

The one posted,

Unveiling the indictments, Scheibel said numerous faculty members, staff members and administrators at South Hadley High School were aware of the bullying - some even witnessed physical abuse - and did nothing.
and this one...

Read more: Phoebe Prince, South Hadley High School's 'new girl,' driven to suicide by teenage cyber bullies

A boy moves to California from massachusetts. The kids don't like his accent, so they bully him. He is a little hurt by it, especially being new to the school, but he doesn't let it bother him. He asks a cute girl to a dance, and she rejects him. Hes saddened by this, but its not the end of the world. Kids start making fun of him for that, but he continues to ignore them. The kids go on facebook and bully them their. He puts them onto an ignore list. He then talks to his parents and counselors telling them he is being bullied. They talk to the bullies, and give proper punishments.
So every single case of bullying should be cookie cutter and end like your story? The problem is, ever person is different and handles things differently.

Compare that whole thing to what happened to poor Phoebe. Even if she had difficulties ignoring the bullies, it would have been as easy as going to the bathroom to walk into the counselors office and say "I am Being Bullied." Why suffer if it could be easily preventable?
Just as easy as a trip to the bathroom? Somehow I don't see the two equating. Maybe she didn't want to cause more trouble for herself? Maybe she was terrified that talking about it would make it worse.

These kids knew what they were doing was wrong and damaging. If an adult had thrown a can of Red Bull at another adult, they would be arrested for assault. If an adult verbally attacked another adult, they could be sued/arrested for slander. Why should these "almost adults" be punished any less.
Phoebe did nothing more than go out with a popular boy. Is that a reason to attack her mentally and physically so much that she is driven to suicide? I don't care if she made the choice to hang herself or not, her peers drove her to it with their visciousness. They pretty much tied the noose for her.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
For those who have read any of my past posts, the fact that I’m all for this should come as no surprise. I am completely of the mind that anyone who bullies another human being to the point of suicide should be held accountable.
I know there are those who will reply and say, “if a person kills themselves, they were unstable to begin with, so why should the bullies be punished?” I know this, because those are some of the replies that were posted in a somewhat similar thread.
I think it’s about time that a firm stance is being taken.

Phoebe Prince Death: Nine Teens Charged with Cyberbullying Massachusetts Girl to Suicide - ABC News
I totally agree with you, there, Angels.
Bullying is a form of abuse, it should not be taken lightly. I feel that anyone who drives someone to the brink of despair should pay the consequences for their actions even if the person who killed themselves were already emotionally fragile. Bullying can take it's toll on even the strongest and healthiest of individuals.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Unveiling the indictments, Scheibel said numerous faculty members, staff members and administrators at South Hadley High School were aware of the bullying - some even witnessed physical abuse - and did nothing
Not surprising really. I was bullied through high school and my teachers never did a thing; they don't care what's going on with the students because in the end they get paid either way.

Not surprising really. I was bullied through high school and my teachers never did a thing; they don't care what's going on with the students because in the end they get paid either way.
I can't say I agree with you 100% on that. As crazy as this sounds, teachers are sometimes just as intimidated by the "mean girls" as the students, and they don't get involved, not because of a lack of caring, but because of their own fear.
That being said, these teachers were the adults and absolutely should have addressed the issue before it got so far.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I can't say I agree with you 100% on that. As crazy as this sounds, teachers are sometimes just as intimidated by the "mean girls" as the students, and they don't get involved, not because of a lack of caring, but because of their own fear.
That being said, these teachers were the adults and absolutely should have addressed the issue before it got so far.
I think that's pretty far off actually. I think teachers just don't want to get involved. Think about it, kids are treated like glass these days and teachers are there to be their educators and nothing more because the more they get involved the more likely they are to get in trouble. Besides, they're told that that's why there are counselors. Parents are so overprotective and people are so probing that getting involved just means a whole world of trouble. It's the double edged sword of how kids are treated by their parents and society.

JAdams

Registered Member
I just wanted to say this: What would Phobe say? "Mom, a bunch of people on the internet are bullying me"?

Chances are, the parents would have not believed her or told her to not go on Facebook anymore.

And she may not have known how to put people on the ignore list on Facebook. I sure don't.

Critter

Registered Member
For those who have read any of my past posts, the fact that I’m all for this should come as no surprise. I am completely of the mind that anyone who bullies another human being to the point of suicide should be held accountable.
I know there are those who will reply and say, “if a person kills themselves, they were unstable to begin with, so why should the bullies be punished?” I know this, because those are some of the replies that were posted in a somewhat similar thread.
I think it’s about time that a firm stance is being taken.

Phoebe Prince Death: Nine Teens Charged with Cyberbullying Massachusetts Girl to Suicide - ABC News
The only thing i disagree is the action its taking now its too late.

It's just too bad that some members here don't think cyber bullying is that big of a deal.

http://www.generalforum.com/divisive-issues/cyber-bullying-68447.html
it was a lot more than cyber bulling as state in the link.

Phoebe Prince did not talk to a single soul about the people bullying her. She had parents and counselors at school who are required by law to help her. At any time she could have walked into the office and asked for help. Why she didn't I do not know, but my guess is her pride would not let her. It has stayed me and many as well. But if she can't handle stress like that, her pride should have taken back seat.

Yes, bullies should be punished, but treating them as criminals is stupid. No one forced Phoebe Prince to do anything. No one can force anyone to do anything. Phoebe died of her own hands.

I believe that the bullies responsible should get a firm slap on the wrist. Bullies everywhere deserve a slap on the wrist for this. This should be a message that what bullies do hurts people permanently. I know that I myself would be a very different person if I where not bullied.

And for this I say again:

Only you can stop bullying. if you are bullied, you can do one of two things: Ignore it (by far the best way), or you can seek help. People are miserable jackasses, they are stupid, and should be ignored. And if you survive highschool, you are set for life.

Umm really than why did her mom talk to the school twice about the bulling? why did her friends say something to the admin about it?

why did the teachers watch the whole thing and did nothing about it? before you comment read the link.
------
I think that's pretty far off actually. I think teachers just don't want to get involved. Think about it, kids are treated like glass these days and teachers are there to be their educators and nothing more because the more they get involved the more likely they are to get in trouble. Besides, they're told that that's why there are counselors. Parents are so overprotective and people are so probing that getting involved just means a whole world of trouble. It's the double edged sword of how kids are treated by their parents and society.
acutally there right... i was pick on since first game.. (though my brother did back me up at the time) when he left.. i was by myself..

i remember in a new elementary school i was pick on... in middle school i was pick on.. in high school this new girl was pick on i got so tired of listen to it i flip out on history class. i didn't hurt anyone i just use swere words and left. i felt like i could of strangle a couple people... they were shock... i was the quite kid in class.

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I'm tired of talking about this. I have been bullied and picked on my whole life. If anybody knows how to handle that kind of pressure, it is me. For years now, I have not been bothered by the countless assholes and douchebags that have given me grief. I tell my parents if things become a problem, and they always tell me the same thing that I have been posting: The only one who can stop bullying effectively is the victim. Regardless of the individual.

And the inactions of administration are not to blame. Again, it was Phoebe's responsibility to just walk into the office and demand help. She shouldn't have just relied on her parents. It is a life lesson to grow up and do your own work and be responsible for yourself.

Critter

Registered Member
I'm tired of talking about this. I have been bullied and picked on my whole life. If anybody knows how to handle that kind of pressure, it is me. For years now, I have not been bothered by the countless assholes and douchebags that have given me grief. I tell my parents if things become a problem, and they always tell me the same thing that I have been posting: The only one who can stop bullying effectively is the victim. Regardless of the individual.

And the inactions of administration are not to blame. Again, it was Phoebe's responsibility to just walk into the office and demand help. She shouldn't have just relied on her parents. It is a life lesson to grow up and do your own work and be responsible for yourself.

That is you this is someone different. everyone handles things differently.

the fact of the matter it was more than bulling and you fail to even bother reading the full story.

again the school the mother talk to teh school they school new about it stop reapting yourself like a dead horse. it was not her fault its school fault even the da said it.

wow... your a sicking heartless person... harrasment, i doubt you ever been rape before... so i don't think you know how that feels.. i doubt you were ever bad at this...

you just need to get into the other person shoes. you fail to and ignore the facts of the story. you are one of the sicking people and you should just stop talking as far as i am concern now your just as bad as those kids.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member

What makes no sense, though, is this idea that you should just have to suck it up as a part of life; you're going to get out of highschool eventually, and if anyone tells you that being bullied makes you stronger and more ready for real life, it's a flat lie, because the minute you're out of highschool everything gets better. All the shitty people get married and pregnant and slovenly, and all the shat-on get good grades and high-paying jobs.

Thus, there is no benefit whatsoever to being bullied, and I have a hard time trying to figure out why you feel it has a justifiable place in the world.

Not that it really matters, two years out of highschool will change your mind, anyways.

Last edited: