Teens indicted after girl hangs herself.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Rage inducing actions by retards.
Can I just say that I really, really want some nutter to wipe the world clean in nuclear fire? Because hopefully then the next sentient life-form that emerges won't be full of cunts you just want to tie to the back of a car and drag down the motorway at about 80 mph.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
There are no words to describe how the family must be feeling.

That poor girl.

She was a child. At what point did society teach children that death was a get out clause? When did we silence the bullied?

Why did she feel like she couldn't tell people?

Eurgh. It's sickening.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
There were two sound bytes I heard on my local radio station that made me go cold in my lifetime:

1. A 15 year-old girl that was awarded $15,000 from the government, because she was arrested for being absolutely smashed in public and the cops handcuffed her to the bars because her wild flailing tantrum was hurting herself. She didn't even remember what happened, but somehow she was able to sue the police department for improper detainment, or something. They actually put her on the radio to give some ridiculous speech: "So like, they shouldn't arrest kids, cuz like, everyone does it, and like, I'm not taking this money because I got it, but like, because it sends a message everywhere, that like, cops can't arrest kids, cuz like, we're just having fun, and like..."
  2. Another 15 year-old girl that was being held for street racing and killing a taxi driver in a brutal drivers' side accident. When they asked her how she felt about killing an innocent bystander, she said entirely without remorse: "I don't care. Can I go now?"

Never before has walked the Earth such a ridiculously detached, sociopathic generation of flat-out bastards. And the best solution we can seem to come up with is 'just ignore it'? Really?
Thats a very poor comparison, and entirely off base and off point.
The point is that YOU have the power to shut bullies out of your mind. I've been doing it for years now. I have never been tempted to cause myself physical pain or to kill myself. Not once. And its not JUST about ignoring the problem. Its about forming a special mentality that makes you invulnerable to feeling the hurt that bullying can generate. Again, I have felt this. If every teenager where like me in this way the world of high school would be alot less fucked up (but I no way shape or or form believe every teenager should be completely like me. That is quite fucked up).

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I completely agree with the concensous that anyone who bullies another one to committing suicide should be charged in connection to their death. I believe that the people who bully a person to suicide to at least have a guarented Manslaughter charge.
My question is where was administration during this entire incident. They should be held just as responsible if they knew about this.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Thats a very poor comparison, and entirely off base and off point.
The point is that YOU have the power to shut bullies out of your mind. I've been doing it for years now. I have never been tempted to cause myself physical pain or to kill myself. Not once. And its not JUST about ignoring the problem. Its about forming a special mentality that makes you invulnerable to feeling the hurt that bullying can generate. Again, I have felt this. If every teenager where like me in this way the world of high school would be alot less fucked up (but I no way shape or or form believe every teenager should be completely like me. That is quite fucked up).
So then not only should we just accept that bullying and undeserved harassment are facts of life, but we bystanders who've escaped high school life should contribute to it by blaming the victims? It's all their fault for not being able to ignore the masses of people banging down their door to make their life hell for no good reason at all? It's always the same argument:

• They harass you on Facebook --> "Don't have Facebook."
  • They call on the cell phone --> "Don't have a cell phone."
  • They make webpages dedicated solely to your misery --> "Don't have the internet."
  • They spit in your food --> "Don't eat."
  • They murder your pets --> "Don't have pets."
  • They vandalize your house --> "Don't have a house."
  • They turn your friends on you --> "Don't have friends."
Where does this idiotic policy of self-prohibition end? Why in God's name should the victim of a crime be forced to give up every aspect of their life and live in a bubble, just to avoid the inhuman mental beatings of these animals who freely enjoy whatever they want? It's ridiculous!

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I never blamed Pheobe for being bullied. I said that she is at fault for not TALKING to her parents or counselors. For NOT TAKING ACTION. Its the equivalent of standing in a whole while people dig a grave out of it, and then bury you, which is EXACTLY what happened to Phoebe, quite literally.

This is a like situation, but I have factored in my mentality.

A boy moves to California from massachusetts. The kids don't like his accent, so they bully him. He is a little hurt by it, especially being new to the school, but he doesn't let it bother him. He asks a cute girl to a dance, and she rejects him. Hes saddened by this, but its not the end of the world. Kids start making fun of him for that, but he continues to ignore them. The kids go on facebook and bully them their. He puts them onto an ignore list. He then talks to his parents and counselors telling them he is being bullied. They talk to the bullies, and give proper punishments.

Compare that whole thing to what happened to poor Phoebe. Even if she had difficulties ignoring the bullies, it would have been as easy as going to the bathroom to walk into the counselors office and say "I am Being Bullied." Why suffer if it could be easily preventable?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
They talk to the bullies, and give proper punishments.
But that's where your story ends --> What proper punishments? There are none! A stern talking to, or a couple excused days off school? Maybe that worked in an age when education actually mattered something to youth, but even expulsion has no weight to some of these kids!

Sure, some of us have plenty of strength to persevere, and fine, that's great for them, but to just say "fuck 'em," to the ones that maybe don't know exactly what to do in a frightening, new situation... Especially considering that the effectiveness of the namby-pamby "go tell the teacher," choice either died in the 1800s, or never even existed in the first place.

What if we had a justice system where raped women went to the police, and the rapists were punished with two days off work?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Again, thats an unrelated situation. Phoebe wasn't forced to do anything.

I believe bullying should be classified as a misdemeanor. Its not a felony, so it won't be a massive scar on a persons record, but it is still a negative mark that can effect a person.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Again, thats an unrelated situation. Phoebe wasn't forced to do anything.
Raped on the outside, raped on the inside; what's the difference?

I believe bullying should be classified as a misdemeanor. Its not a felony, so it won't be a massive scar on a persons record, but it is still a negative mark that can effect a person.
On this point, I half agree --> Like everything else, it should be taken into consideration the severity of what's going on. Name-slinging on the playground gets a stern talking to; a dedicated campaign to destroy someone from the inside out which actually results in physical injury or death, however, should be a felony.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Yes, but the suicide is not the blame of the bully, however, they did have an effect on the victim. I will say it again THE BULLIES DID NOT MAKE PHOEBE HANG HERSELF. Only she did that. No one else. That is why it should be a misdemeanor.

Well, let me rephrase it again. Phoebe never lost her free will. Her freedom was always their, she just let the bullies get to her. It was her own decision to end her life though. Again, this is why it should be a misdemeanor