Teenager recieves a certificate for...

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by WesJones87, Aug 15, 2009.

1. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

...Catching a Bus.

Now, to me, this is just completely and utterly mind-bending. It turns out, though, that catching a bus isn't the only thing you can get an award for. There's:

• Using a CafĂ©
    • Brushing/Combing your Hair
    • Washing your Hands
    • Walking in a group for pleasure
    • Cleaning a Toilet
    • Making a cup of Tea
    • Polishing and Dusting
    • Using a Vending Machine
    • Shopping in a Post Office.
    Here are the full articles, offering full explanations on the 'criteria' for each award.
    Council crackpots award lad of 15 a CERTIFICATE for catching the bus | The Sun |News
    More ludicrous qualifications | The Sun |Features

What are your thoughts on this? Are there any more 'awards' that local councils shoul offer people?

2. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Apparently he recieved his award for: showing patients, observing out of the window, sitting down and then exiting the bus successfully.

When you think about it from a common sense point of view then it's complete nonsense.

Maybe these people should actually work hard and gain proper qualifications.

3. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

It's a bit overdone, that's true, but there are quite a bunch of people for whom taking the bus, finding out which bus to travel by and travelling on their own is quite a serious challenge. Even more so for children.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

America better not start this crap. I mean, washing your hands? That's like saying "Good boy, good boy, good doggie... I mean boy... Here's your treat!" AND it's all taxpayers expense?

I do believe in rewarding citizens, but for hardworking tasks such as giving CPR to somebody that needed it, pushing somebody out of the way of a falling object, or something that you did to help somebody else. Washing your hands and taking the bus? Na, that's bologna. Oscar Myer, of course!:D

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

This sounds really rediculous to me, I mean I can see what they are trying to do here and what they are aiming for. But this is a joke. Pure and simple.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Hey, I've been using public transport for years. Can I get one of those?

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

If I had a penny for catching public transport, I'd be a motherfucking billionaire!

But I recon those people want to improve their town, give people something more to achieve for, or maybe its a reason to stop the violence that's been going around I guess. (That is IF any violence was going around)

8. sb1732

sb1732 Registered Member

Never heard of anything like this before tbh.
    I agree with everyone it sounds like a really stupid idea.

Rewarding people is fine, but for something as small as brushing your hair or washing your hands it's stupid. They owe about 10,000 awards to every person on the planet if they're going to be like that.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Satire people......... its SATIRE!

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Satire? From The Sun?

I'll believe it when they state it themselves.