Teenage/Kiddy Newspaper

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Ok I will start off by giving a backround of me and the newspaper. In short I never read the newspaper because frankly it bored me out of my mind. well now I am in college and I discovered that we have a campus newspaper and it is actually interesting not boring like the regular newspapers.
Ok so unless one already exists I suggest that there be a newspaper for Teens and one for kids because I think if we start younger kids off early reading a newspaper that interests them that maybe they will read one later on. Well thats just my idea so tell me what you think

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
I think it's a fantastic idea, however I'm pretty certain there are many newspapers out there for "kids" and "teenagers" and so forth. What do you have in mind for the content?

It sounds like a good idea to me... could have dumbed down articles, perhaps written somewhat humorously, as well as stuff that would appeal to kids of whatever age it was written for... it would increase the amount that kids read (improving literacy, which is good), as well as having them learn about world events. This sort of thing often is seen in magazines, but I think that carries a whole different connotation.

Im probably younger than you, and I read the regular news paper.
Be that as it may, there are others your age and younger who do not read the regular newspaper because they find the language and writing obscure and difficult, or just plain dull. Henskie is proposint a newspaper that would appeal to kids who otherwise wouldn't read it... those who already read it aren't affected.

I think it may work, but a lot of kids now don't get attracted to things intended for them (i know i didnt)...they see it as well, childish :O

I don't read the paper at all because I honestly don't care...I catch the news sometimes and hear about other things via friends and the Internet...newspapers will die out within the Information Age is my prediction...

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Ok I will start off by giving a backround of me and the newspaper. In short I never read the newspaper because frankly it bored me out of my mind. well now I am in college and I discovered that we have a campus newspaper and it is actually interesting not boring like the regular newspapers.
Ok so unless one already exists I suggest that there be a newspaper for Teens and one for kids because I think if we start younger kids off early reading a newspaper that interests them that maybe they will read one later on. Well thats just my idea so tell me what you think
That sounds like a good idea, but one that you would have to question. If there were to be a paper for kids then it would have to have cartoons and things like that that are appealing to them. While it may attract them to become readers it may not be as effective as one would hope. They may look forward to comics and things of that nature instead of the realistic things the paper has to over.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
There's of course a compromise in all of this. The stories can be serious, but have to relate at least somewhat to thier lives, and have to be written in effective but very simple language. Games and puzzles are important, and comics should be something that is a treat, not the main feature.

Kaz

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
There's of course a compromise in all of this. The stories can be serious, but have to relate at least somewhat to thier lives, and have to be written in effective but very simple language. Games and puzzles are important, and comics should be something that is a treat, not the main feature.

Kaz
So what you're saying is there would be a paper for them that dills with realistic event, but animated to catch there interest? If so that's a great idea. I wonder why they never thought of some thing like this before.