Teenage girl buried alive in Turkey for talking to boys

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

OMG! can't believe this mentality goes on in some parts of Turkey!
    i've heard parents killing their children for such stupid reasons, but couldn't imagine any parent would bury their child alive! insane!
    human's sickness and craziness doesn't have limits!

3. Dali

Dali Registered Member

This is just sickening! I wish we didn't live in a world like this and I wish that the Police took this young girl seriously, 3 times she went to them for help, 3 times and they did nothing! The sad thing is this will continue I am sure, I think that there will be people who think that the girls family were in the right for killing her as she brought "shame" on the family. This is so horrible and it's making me think of a few cases in Britain where family members have killed their children for similar reasons.

This is dreadful and It makes me really sad when I read things like this, I hope those men get what they deserve and the rest of the family too.

4. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Registered Member

There will always be evil in this world. I just wish that I could do something about it. I wish that I was not confined to this room, this town, this county, this state.

I wish I had informants that could tell me when such things are happening. It may be contradictory to fight fire with fire, but people deserve much worse than they get for doing such things as this. This world needs an association of vigilantes to bring -real justice and instill fear into the hearts of the evil.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's the idea of "honor killings". It's totally engraved into Middle Eastern culture. There is nothing worse than having your family name shamed and the only way to redeem the shame is to kill the person that caused it.

People are often times killed for converting to anther religion or doing anything that is deemed to be socially unacceptable. The family is shamed until they do their rightful duty of killing the person.

It's an absolutely terrible thing and it's things like this that make it extremely difficult for these countries to become more modern in their thinking. As soon as somebody does anything out of the ordinary they are killed.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

That is horrible. Really horrible. The first thing that came into my mind was "what the fuck!"

How can these people be so evil! It really is shocking. Hybrix outlined the reasons for it, but I believe this is just absolute insanity.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well you have to understand "evil" according to their culture. Now, granted it is against the law there to do what they did, but it's been such a part of their culture that they consider it worthwhile regardless of the consequences.

The governments of Turkey, Iran, Iraq, etc are trying hard to get rid of some of this type of thinking but a lot of the things that go on over there are more or less "mob rule". I bet a lot more "honor killings" go on there than are ever reported.

8. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Yeah, I understand that we have a different meaning of evil than they do. I understand why they did what they did, because of their cluture. They thought they were doing the right thing. Western people like us see it differently though simply because we just have a different culture to them. In my eyes its evil, but for them it is not. It's a shame a young life had to be let go just for something as simple as talking to boys. :shake:

9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

That's messed up.

True, but most "honor killings" I've heard of don't involve someone dying in such a terrible manner.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

And this is just one other reason why Turkey will never be accepted to the European Union. Sure, it's not like the government condoned it...in fact the father faces trial although the mother was somehow released. But honour killings aren't uncommon there - despite this being an extreme example. For talking to boys? Seriously? Long way to go to ever fit the EU.