• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Teen kills parents because they took away his iPad.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
An honor-roll student in Norfolk, Virginia told police that he killed his parents because they punished him by “taking away [his] iPod and stuff.”

Virginia honor roll student murdered parents because they ‘took away my iPod and stuff’
The amazing part of this story is they say he is sane. I don't see how someone could be sane and kill their parents just because they took away their stuff.

He must have been incredibly spoiled by his parents to do this. I wonder if this is the first time they put their foot down with him.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Killing people with pepper spray, a baseball bat, and a crowbar isnt sane btw. He obviously has serious issues with anger management. But it was his decision so now he has to deal with the consequences... unless he has enough money to have affluenza.

dDave

V.I.P.
The amazing part of this story is they say he is sane. I don't see how someone could be sane and kill their parents just because they took away their stuff.

He must have been incredibly spoiled by his parents to do this. I wonder if this is the first time they put their foot down with him.

Thoughts?
I don't know... I wouldn't be too quick to blame the parents for this one. It was the kids choice to do this over what seems like a pretty standard punishment. The method in which he killed them just screams crazy to me.

I'm glad he is being sentenced as an adult. Definitely deserving of that.

What's strange to me is that this guy wanted to be a police officer one day. Clearly, that won't be happening anymore.

MedicineShow

Registered Member
It's possible this kid is fucking crazy, but I would bet that there is a family dynamic at play here that would be unknown to those outside of the family. It can't be that simple.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
He is obviously outside of his own mind. Just another sign that the American legal system is completely screwed up.
Yeah no it's not. This has nothing to do with the legal system and everything to do with a mentally unstable child.

Most people do not seem to understand that "sane" does not mean "this dude doesn't do crazy shit". Mostly, it means being aware of what they were doing. Take the infamous Jeffrey Dahmer, a cannibalistic necrophiliac who was deemed sane by the courts. Why? He was fully aware of what he was doing and knew it was wrong. A lazy, slang definition of 'insane' might match this kid, but it doesn't appear a legal one does.

I don't see the use in putting him in an adult prison, he certainly seems like he needs medical help and should probably spend his time in a secure mental facility.