Teen Compacted in Garbage Truck and Lives

Blueyes

Registered Member
He was either a very sound sleeper or the bin he was in was so tall that he could not jump out of it while it was going up and wasn't being heard? Those are the only things I could think of as to why he ended up there because they aren't that fast picking them up and the garbage trucks are really noisy. Either way that is one fricken lucky kid.

Teen compacted in Wis. garbage truck, survives

Wed Nov 5, 8:42 am ET
MILWAUKEE – Police in Milwaukee say a teenage boy has survived after being accidentally dumped into the back of a recycling truck and compacted.
Police say the 14-year-old ran away from a boot camp-style school for teens Monday and hid in a recycling bin filled with cardboard.
The bin was picked up by a Waste Management truck and dumped into the vehicle's rear compactor.
Waste Management spokeswoman Lynn Morgan says the truck continued on its collection route, compacting cardboard several times.
The boy wasn't discovered until the truck dumped its load at a recycling processing center.
He was semiconscious and was taken to a hospital, but police say his injuries aren't life-threatening.
___
Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Hahaha, I don't know why I find this so funny... Maybe it's the fact that he ran away from a bad kid boot camp or that he was compacted several times before dumped out and found by a confused truck driver.

Some people have to learn the hard way but it's always nice when life shows you how important it is to not be dumb.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This kid is very lucky, not many people would of live to tell the tail about this story. I still cant believe the kid survived, that's a miracle in my opinion.

RATTIE

Registered Member
I guess it IS kinda funny, like a giant human flower press. :lol:
Glad he survived it though, and surprised.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Someone near where I live worked on the bin lorry, I think something got stuck or whatever, and he reached his hand in, and got it caught, it dragged him in and twisted his body into little bits of meat.