• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Teen Arrested for Making Counterstrike Map

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Teen Arrested for Making Map of his School in Counterstrike

www.kotaku.com

Not only is our country known for ridiculous punishments and superfluous crimes, it is now world renownd for blaming video games for everything.

A Chinese high school student in Fort Bend Texas is arrested and then forced to attend an alternative education center when parents discover he has created a Counterstrike level based off of Clements High School for he and his friends to play on. The student had his home searched for weapons, was detained until it was determined no charges could be filed, and is now unable to graduate with his peers, all because of his mapmaking skills.
I can agree with the author of the blog, claiming that people are a bit jumpy after the VA Tech shootings, but this is crazy. Now we're going to arrest all Chinese kids with Counterstrike? Might as well chop the Chinese population in half.

Twenty-two years ago a teacher caught me drawing him with an arrow through his head and made me stand next to his desk holding the picture for a half hour while my fellow students made faces at me. How far we've come.
How sad indeed.

I believe punishment and preventive action happens more now because kids are able to do this sort of thing much easier. Is it the fault of parenting? Violent media? Peer pressure? Probably a combination of them all.

Omega

Ω
Wow I cannot help but laugh at this topic I feel it is dumb to circle out any race or group because one or two or the same race fallowed the wrong belifs and did something bad. Also video games should never be blamed in fact I feel video game may save life and not be taking them away. There has been a number of times I have wanted to beat the hell out of someone for some reason or another and then I would hold it in and come home to GTA or what ever I had at the time and take out my rage on fake little people. If your going to blame cartoons and video games but, not the parent then something is highly wrong in that house hold.

S

Stoner

I used to play CS for weeks on end...non-stop. I became insanely good.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I used to play CS for weeks on end...non-stop. I became insanely good.
So? Did you even read the article? I hate to sound confrontational, but you've mocked liberals for ignoring the issue and you've just done it perfectly.

Don't spam, please add a response.

People are way too damn quick to blame media forms for their problems without first examining the actul killer. This is why I hate people that commit crimes and fit stereotypical molds perfectly. Cho has fucked anyone over who is either Chinese or a gamer because those are now the two criteria to finding psychotic children.

If you're a Chinese gamer . . . you're screwed six ways to Sunday.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Wow... Just wow. This pathetic! It could be a way to release stress if he was mad or maybe it was for fun and games. Nothing serious.

I think they went way too far and should have just contacted his parents and questioned the teen. I agree with the author of the article, that's ridiculous.

Mr. Mustafa

Terrorist
Teen Arrested for Making Map of his School in Counterstrike

www.kotaku.com

Not only is our country known for ridiculous punishments and superfluous crimes, it is now world renownd for blaming video games for everything.

I can agree with the author of the blog, claiming that people are a bit jumpy after the VA Tech shootings, but this is crazy. Now we're going to arrest all Chinese kids with Counterstrike? Might as well chop the Chinese population in half.

How sad indeed.

I believe punishment and preventive action happens more now because kids are able to do this sort of thing much easier. Is it the fault of parenting? Violent media? Peer pressure? Probably a combination of them all.
Shit dude, you should probably skip the story about Germany's proposed bill to make it illegal to kill a character in a video game. But yeah, this is more Tipper Gore bullshit...

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Is it because he is Chinese?

Man, this is so stupid, It's just a game, not a real life reality, he probably did this for fun or maybe a dare from friends..

Hinata

La Coquette
I hope i wont get arrested for Playing HOI2 and invading America as Germans:no:

Nope Chad you will be in the clear until Germany begins to kill Americans or start some War. Outside of that your choices will need to be Afghanistan, Iraq or Koreans (not sure if its North or South we consider a threat)

But yes it is bad timing for the kid and the sad thing about it this young man is taking the heat when his friends and their parents could be standing behind him. But its sad, its like 9-11 and and now that one ethnicity will be singled out.

Darn over sensitive people.

pikatore

Registered Member
I hope i wont get arrested for Playing HOI2 and invading America as Germans:no:
You may however be arrested for playing a game that has the graphics requirements of one of my armpit hairs. :clap:

Moving on.

I think that to make a bloody counter strike map based on the shooting is insensitive at the very least, but I don't see how he should have been arrested for it.