• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Teen allegedly plotted to bomb schools, kill his family

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
WASECA, Minn. -- Authorities said Thursday that they prevented an "unimaginable tragedy" by foiling a teenager's elaborate plot to kill his family and bomb the junior and senior high school in the southern Minnesota city of Waseca.

Minnesota teen allegedly plotted to bomb schools, kill his family - CBS News
I'm glad they caught him. He had handguns, automatic weapons and homemade bombs in his bedroom. I don't see how his parents missed this. However the police picked him up at a storage unit where he had a lot of materials to make bombs.

He also kept a detailed record of his plans and wanted to be killed by a swat team. I have a feeling he would have went through with this. Very sick individual that the school described as shy but had no major issues with.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
What kinds of parents rifle through their kids things in their room? I know my parents didn't do that when I was in high school. I think that's how the parents missed it. Still, you can't help but think that this kid must have been showing signs of being somehow disturbed. Normal, sane people don't plot stuff like this.

Really glad they caught this kid. It would have been one of the more tragic school shootings we would have ever heard of to this point.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If your kid has that many guns and homemade bombs I think you would notice something if you ever went into their room for any reason or notice what they are bringing in the door. Unless your the type of parent that has their head shoved in the sand.

How do you know your parents never did that? Were you there 100% of the time? Did you do your own laundry and vacuum your own floor? Parents have reasons to go into kids rooms other than to rifle through their stuff, which I never said, you did Dave.

Last edited:

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
When I was in elementary and junior high I over all felt pretty safe from things like this. I never even really considered a gun as well. The worse I thought is a fist fight or a pocket knife. Did not see any fights except one I had gotten into with one named Derek. We already had negative feelings since elementary. Even though I won I will be honest I did not feel good after that. I felt bad the kind of pain I may have inflicted from hitting him across the face. It was a stupid fight and for an immature childish reason. Only that Derek told my friends that he beat me up in elementary. No you did not . yes he said he did. Fine so I had to prove him wrong. Why share this? Well don't you see? This is probably the worst kids would see at my school in this time frame. Though I can't say for more dangerous cities this was as true.

What inspired this late teen to want to kill and destroy everyone who was around him?. . to this article we had to read there was no specific cause or motive. As for example Columbine party much those kids were teased by other kids at school. Being caste out vengeance seems to be the answer but including all other innocent victims who never teased these students. .

Now it appears this teen in this story hates his family and his school. By why such an approach like attacking another country in a world war? Why such apocalyptic ideas of taking people off the map? The first thing that comes to mind is demons. Was he possessed or perhaps influenced by such hatred. . Not that demons are to blame for the murders. Not in that aspect they can get in trouble. Only of course giving this teen these ideas. . Since there was no display of physical evidence from this article I had to wonder where this hatred all derived from its main source. . but this is not what a typical person would be planning out to do. .

He will rank in the like of a Charles Manson. Probably will never get paroled. Considering the damage he could have caused could have turned out to be the biggest attack on a US school breaking the old records. Some kids not take this news seriously. They utter yeah we could have been killed. Where is the school bomber with a smile? But unknowingly another day was spared to them.

It's sad to say but schools will now have to pat kids down before going on school grounds because of a few reckless people kids have to be lined up every day just exactly how they do it in prison. The little girl says but I am not a criminal. I am sorry but put your hands up against the wall everyone including you now has to be monitored as a suspect. I’m glad I graduated long ago . . schools are just under much worse circumstances then back in my school days. ..

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know what you mean RTB, I'm glad I'm not in school anymore and I don't have kids in school.

When I was in school we never even considered someone might come in and shoot us or try to blow us up. Kids back then had their hunting rifles in their trucks too, so did teachers. Went to a country school, we never thought nothing about it. The only rule about that we had was you couldn't take them out of your truck until you were off school property.

dDave

V.I.P.
If your kid has that many guns and homemade bombs I think you would notice something if you ever went into their room for any reason or notice what they are bringing in the door. Unless your the type of parent that has their head shoved in the sand.

How do you know your parents never did that? Were you there 100% of the time? Did you do your own laundry and vacuum your own floor? Parents have reasons to go into kids rooms other than to rifle through their stuff, which I never said, you did Dave.
No, I'm just really particular about the way I organize/leave my things and if my parents had gone through my stuff I feel pretty confident that I'd have known it. And yeah, I was responsible for cleaning my own room, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, doing my laundry, etc.

And no worries. I fully understand you were never referring to parents looking through their kids things, it was just a thought I had.

I think it might be unfair to blame the parents for not finding the weapons and bombs (not saying anyone is blaming them). You could potentially get them for poor parenting though. A lot of parents are totally uninvolved in their kids lives and somehow we are still surprised that some of these kids have major problems that go unaddressed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't blame the parents really, I don't know their situation. Maybe they did their best and had no idea their son would do something like this or maybe they were just bad parents, who knows. Do wonder why he would want to kill them.

Sometimes you can get so use to someone's behavior you no longer see it as odd. Which even the school didn't suspect.

He could be just sick and nothing they would have done would have made a difference.

Really lucky they caught him.