Teemu Selanne

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Since the lockout Teemu Selanne as been one of the best players in the NHL. I was wondering what you thought is the reason to this new life in the NHL? Is it because he had a year to get surgery on is knee and rest or he's to good for the new style of the NHL.

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Dunno, he's always been a stellar player....and a great guy. Quick story; I'm friends with former NYR Adam Graves....when he was traded to SJ i sat by the glass as a guest whenever SJ came in and it was the only time i wore another teams jersey....Adam's 2nd and last year i was waiting for Adam to come out and Teemu along with some other guys came by, said hi and signed my SJ jersey.....Teemu even stood for a picture....he had a video crew with him too so somewhere in the world is me on film with him

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

He played like shit in SJ and was a waste of 8 million...but the surgery's really made him like his old self. Definitely bankable now.

4. Babe_Ruth

Turbo I wouldn't say he was always stellar player because a few years before the lockout he had really bad seasons. But post-lockout he's been on of the best players in the NHL. The reason why I think he's been so good is because he finally got that knee surgery and he didn't have to rush himself back due to the lockout. The time he was playing bad he was playing hurt and couldn't perform the way he's capable of doing. Now with the surgery and rest he's rejuvenated is career and I am so happy for him, because he said if he didn't perform the way he wanted to coming of the surgery he would of retired. And that would of been sad because he's one of the most exciting players to watch in the NHL.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I always remember hearing Selanne throughout the league...he probably just had a rough patch in his career and the surgery boosted his moral so he's playing better now.

6. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Well after his rookie year I think we all expected alot from this guy and over the past few years I dont think he has been a dis appointment. He had a bad run with the Sharks and the Avs but he has been stellar with the Ducks his whole career. I think that the surgery helped yes but I think the fact that he has been able to use his speed and his knowledge of the game wisely is the reason he is so far today in the game. Without a doubt he is one of the best players in the league and is a big reason for the Ducks success. So really I think its just been Selanne himself adpating to the new game thats why he has been successful.

7. Babe_Ruth

For once I have to disagree with you Andrew lol. Even though Selanne is built for the new NHL because of is speed and scoring abilities, he wouldn't have the same success if he didn't get the time to get surgery and rest properly. He even admitted that he was warn out and the time off was the best thing that ever happen to is career. The other reason why I say that is because you saw before the lockout he was always injured and never had that electrifying first step were use to see from Selanne.

8. andrew_bishop

Well I have to agree that the surgery brings a big thing form Selanne's game and I think that it is a factor for why he is playing good but really I mean surgery or anything would be no good if the speed and abilites he has didn't adapt to the new game. Now im not saying your wrong because your not your right the surgery is a big reason for why he is playing so good but I think that because he was able to adapt thats why he is having the level of success he is having. If he did not have the surgery he would not be playing this great right? Well we don't know it's hard to tell but we can assume he would not but again still the chance that he might now if he did not adapt to the game there is little chance he would have the success he is having. I think we need to factor in both for his success.

9. Babe_Ruth

The reason why I know he's been rejuvennated to the surgery and rest is because he said himself lol. Even though he didn't score or fly around the ice in San Jose and Colorado is not because he lost is abilities, because he was getting hooked and grabed due to the bad officiating, it's because he lost most of is mobility. With the surgery and rest he got it back and he's been a top five player in the new NHL cause of it.

10. andrew_bishop

That's for sure. I think he is one of the best European players in the game today and behind Kurri I would argue that he is one of the best Finns of all time and his recent play has shown that. He is seemingly like a new player and it is exciting to see him play game in and game out. Really good player for the Ducks to have. He brings skill and leadship to the table for the younger guys that the Ducks have. I don't think that he had sucess in San Jose or Colorado because yes the calls were getting him down and he did not seem motivated and with his new found lease on his career he is growing to be one of the best around today and I can see him keeping it up until he retires.