Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What do you think about what Ted Nugent has to say about gun control?

YouTube - Nugent.wmv

I think he's 100% right. The stories he mentions are sad because the wrong people are dead now due to a system that seems to favor the so-called rights of criminals more than innocent civilians.

Thoughts?

pro2A likes this.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think he came off as a vigilante. I don't have any problem with defending property or life but I don't think we should be killing each other with our arms when we feel threatened at every turn. Because we all perceive different threats to different degrees. It sounds like Ted wants everyone to have a gun and each individual to make that judgment. Which is preposterous, hell I don't trust my neighbor to make a judgment cutting my hair why would I trust him to make a decision regarding a human life?

By the end, he sounded a bit eccentric and using crude terminology and curses to describe individuals did not make his argument any more compelling.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I lawled at him calling Barbara Boxer and Diane Frankenstein "Numb-Nuts" :hah:

I cant say I disagree with him. He comes off harsh and blunt, but thats what happens when you get guys that feel passionate about stuff like that talking about situations that just boggle the mind. Completely innocent people being brutally murdered or raped by repeat offenders.... I cant say I could commence a conversation about that without getting worked up myself.

4. Hatton

Hatton Registered Member

Is this the first time you've heard Nugent talking about gun control??? This has been his pet issue since he was playing lead guitar in the 60's!

Yes, he's a nut - but he stands strong by his issues and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks of him for doing so.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Not by a long shot... But I live in California... And I despise both Boxer and Feinstein. Its fairly instinctual to laugh anytime now I hear someone call them Nut Jobs :hah:

6. Hatton

Hatton Registered Member

Sorry, should have added "Hybrix, " to the beginning of my reply

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ted Nugent is a mirror image of my view of the 2nd Amendment. I believe the sheep in this country have watered down the real intent of the 2A. The original intent is to defend YOUR LIFE from criminals and tyrannical government. No one has the right to tell me when and where I can defend myself. How we got to the point that guns are solely for hunting, sport and that we have to lock them up for "the children" is beyond me.

Ted speaks my mind for me ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010