Ted Kennedy collapses

BigBob

Registered Member
DEMOCRATIC Senator Ted Kennedy has collapsed at the presidential luncheon following the inauguration of US President Barack Obama.
An ambulance is reported to be conveying former President John F. Kennedy's brother to hospital.
Senator Kennedy reportedly started suffering seizures while at a table in the Capitol's Statuary Hall with former presidential candidate John Kerry and former vice-president Walter Mondale.
A moment of silence was held at the luncheon in the senator's honour.
Mr Obama acknowleged there were concerns about the health of the veteran senator who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour.
"First of all, I know that while I was out of the room, concern was expressed about Teddy.
"I would be lying to you if I did not say that right now, a part of me is with him. And I think that's true for all of us.
"This is a joyous time. But it's also a sobering time. And my prayers are with him and his family and Vicki."
Senator Kennedy was reportedly wheeled out on a stretcher.
Senator Kennedy's office would not comment on the reports.
Meanwhile, Channel 9 has reported another Senator, Robert Bird, aged in his 90s, has also collapsed today.

Ted Kennedy collapses at inauguration | The Australian

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Oh my. Ted has been a great Senator to MA. He has served our state long and hard. I hope he recovers quickly and comes out well. I wish him the best of luck

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! That's horrible, hopefully he'll be okay. It must of been a very scary moment for all the other people that were there during the luncheon.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's had a few really scary close calls lately. He collapsed and had to go to the hospital during the DNC as well.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
OMG. I saw him during the inauguration on TV. The commenters were saying how good he looked despite being so sick for so long. So sad. :(

Also very sad about Senator Bird. :(

I hope they are ok.

Blueyes

Registered Member
He wasn't the only one, some other Senator went down as well. And did you hear that Cheney is in a wheelchair from moving some of his stuff out of the White House?