• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Ted Cruz's changing music taste

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is kind of pointless, but I did get a bit of a laugh out of it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-my-music-tastes-changed-on-911/

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz said his musical tastes changed after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Cruz, who said he grew up on classic rock, told CBS This Morning that he was disappointed in the way rock as a genre responded to the tragedy. But country music, he said, was different.

"Country music collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me and I have to say, it just is a gut level...I had an emotional reaction that says these are my people," Cruz said. "And so ever since 2001 I listen to country music and I'm an odd country music fan because I never listened to it before 2001."
*gags*

Is there a single person who buys that? I mean, it's a stupid question to ask him to begin with. But an even more ridiculous answer. It just screams of a pathetic political response to get voters to identify with him.

Here's what Bill Maher thinks of it...

Even S.E. Cupp agreed with him.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think it shows why Cruz will have a hard time winning. He can't answer the hard hitting questions of the MTV News crowd. Boxers or briefs? Whats on your ipod? Android or Apple? Can we see your abs? The answer he gave was absurd. On policy issues, even if you don't agree, the guy is really good. I think he's just not a cool guy.

I've heard Scott Walker take a few of the MTV questions and he's really good with that. Rubio seems apt too.

dDave

V.I.P.
He's probably referring to "Where were you when the world stopped turning?" which is a song by Alan Jackson. One of my personal favorites. I think it's one of the best songs written this side of 2000.

Still, not a good answer. Ridiculous question but that doesn't matter in the end.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Well that is true. If you look back and say what songs encapsulate 9/11 era, I'd say that song, the Toby Keith Boot in Your Ass song, and the Rising Album by Springstein. There were lots of songs about the era, but 2 country songs and a mostly acoustic 'rock' album stands out. To me anyway. Not that it matters.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
And the pathetic attempts to woo voters begins. Republican or Democrat, it makes me cringe to see pandering shit like this. It makes me sick because it's so clear that we won't have an honest man or woman in the White House in my lifetime. Americans much prefer to be lied to than to vote someone in who might not be 100% aligned with their thinking.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Americans much prefer to be lied to than to vote someone in who might not be 100% aligned with their thinking.
Most of those people don't even realize they're being lied to, because any candidate who is 100% aligned with their thinking must be a good, honest person.

I find it funny that people even find candidates that they're 100% aligned with. If you can't find even a single thing that you disagree with your party on, or you can't find a single thing that you agree with the other party on, then chances are you have been brainwashed and herded like a sheep by the media, politicians, and/or your family into all of your beliefs.