Technology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viLky, Apr 18, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Do you like where technology is headed?
    Do you enjoy having it in your household?
    Do you think the world is safer with it advancing?

Personally, I love it. The internet, TV, music, games and anything else I love! It makes shopping easier, learning is quick and fun, passing time like a breeze and even ordering food! I can't wait for it to advance more and would like to be able to live old enough to see computers projected on walls and even flying cars.

Though, do you think it's bad for the children growing up? I've seen a lot of children addicted to the Internet and video games. I actually would rather have them at home on the Internet or video games than out gangbanging, spraying graffiti on walls or any other things hooligans do. =)

Is it too much? Too little? Everything in moderation?!

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like the comfort I have due to technological advances. The problem with children/adults addicted to internet and games is their addiction and not the internet/games itself.

Do I think the world is safer? Probably. I'm just thinking that the dangerous stuff in the world could also owe its existence to technology.

3. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

Amazing technology from Japan
    [​IMG]
    Look closely and guess what they could be...
    [​IMG]
    Are they pens with cameras? [​IMG]
    Any wild guesses? No clue yet?

Ladies and gentlemen... congratulations!
    You've just looked into the future... yep that's right!

You've just seen something that will replace your PC in the near future.

Here is how it works: [​IMG]
    In the revolution of miniature computers, scientists have made great developments with bluetooth technology...

This is the forthcoming computers you can carry within your pockets .
    [​IMG]
    This 'pen sort of instrument' produces both the monitor as well as the keyboard on any flat surfaces from where you can carry out functions you would normally do on your desktop computer.
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone say, 'Good-bye laptops!'
    Looks like our computers are out of date... again!!!
    [​IMG]

4. fleinn

fleinn 101010

I have one of these keyboards:
    [​IMG]
    ..really useful, and very cheap right now, as well. $30 or so.
    But I want one of those laser- thingys :)

...Anyway. Technology is just a tool, no? It's what you do with it that matters, imo.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

WOW, that's awesome, Skylar. I just hope I don't die now! lol

I can just image the next step of the future where you just touch the screen to get to the place you want. The stuff you posted looks really great and interesting. I'm so proud of humanity. :')

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Technology is great and everything, makes our lives easier and more comfortable. But I think we've become much too dependent on it. As a result, people tend to get lazy and forget about the things that are really important in life. I think it's just going to lead to the de-evolution of humans.

7. nihilated

nihilated Registered Member

Has anyone heard of the "Technological singularity?" supposedly that's where mankind's headed in the next few decades with the accelerating development of technology.

8. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

:D

Now...that would be cool.

Same here. The future looks promising. I would love one of these computers.

Echoes...I agree to a point. We are/do become dependant on it.

I'm not so sure about the de-evolution of humans you are talking about? Sure, some people do have addictive personalities and stay on line too much, and that'd be unhealthy. How would we 'de evolve'?

9. fleinn

fleinn 101010

(Earlier that day on the news: "UG say thees new fancy theeng called "knife" will make hunt easier. WAARG say it learn youth to be lazy, weak! - and that fur in teeth are look of real huwman".)

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Personally, I'm still interested in the merging of humans and technology. Maybe not to the level we see in such media as Neuromancer, but still...