• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Techno & Dance official thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wanted to make a thread for this type, just like the Rap and Hip Hop thread. Post some of your favorites, comment on songs that other members post.

I wasn't a fan of this type of music a few years ago, but I'm really into it now. My friend is a huge fan so he always sends me songs that he thinks I'll like. Usually he's spot on.

Here's a few songs that I really like, and was introduced not to long ago.

YouTube - Kaskade - Step One Two (OFFICIAL HQ VIDEO)

YouTube - Kaskade - Angel On My Shoulder (EDX Radio Edit) (HQ)

YouTube - Not Alone - Gianluca Motta feat. Molly (Deadmau5 Vocal Mix)

I'm really into Kaskade at this point and time, I keep searching for songs, I found some real beauties thus far. I especially love the second one I posted....so good.

Impact

V.I.P.
You should have made this a general dance music thread, so I could come in here and discuss breakbeats, dnb and all the other types I like. Techno is probably my least favourite kind of this music, because I find the beat so boring and repetitive.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, actually nobody's posted any techno yet. Great thread though, Babe! Thanx for starting it! :)
It is normal for people to classify this type of music as electro or techno when they 1st start into it. But it covers a lot of genres. Kaskade and Deadmau5 do what is called House-Trance. Armin van Buuren does Trance and Melicia does Psy-Trance. House is a kind of hip-hop trance, Trance is melodic electro, psy-trance is kind of hippie-like trance, and techno is hard-hitting trance. Techno is also known as "Doomsday" trance since the themes are always "how bad can bad get". Good techno bands are Daft Punk, The Spin Cycle, Breathe Carolina, Surrender the Dance Floor, and the Medic Droid.
This is my fav House-Trance right now:
YouTube - Ghosts N Stuff (Hard Intro Version)
And this is some sweet Techno:
YouTube - Breathe Electric - Stay With Me
This type of techno is called pop-techno. It has a techno sound but not a techno theme. I'm not like totally electronic but it is a lot of awesome genres!
Btw, Babe, if you like Kaskade, I think you'll def like OceanLab (aka Above & Beyond)! They're classified as pure trance but they def have a House sound in a lot of their music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjPs_z7_wA

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting those, I'll give them a listen when I get home. One of the reasons why I called this thread Techno is because I thought it would garner more activity then just writing Trance Music.

But I did add Dance to the thread so Impact can participate and add her songs that she was discussing about. And I do hope this thread becomes active.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Thanks for posting those, I'll give them a listen when I get home. One of the reasons why I called this thread Techno is because I thought it would garner more activity then just writing Trance Music.

But I did add Dance to the thread so Impact can participate and add her songs that she was discussing about. And I do hope this thread becomes active.
Sweet moves! :nod: I think Techno type music def deserves more attention. I mean, I love rock, punk, screamo, and even some metal. But Techno adds another dimension to music and adds a lot of variety! But anyone who likes Linkin Park should know that. They've been using turntables with their chunes since 2000 that i know! There are lots of bands mixing electronic with rock (etc) and the BBC says that's the new trend now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You're right man, I did enjoy OceanLab. I just love those type of songs so much. If you have others like that please don't shy away from posting them. It's just relaxing and smooth music, I don't understand how someone can find this of music boring. Each their one, I suppose.

I didn't like the second one though, sounds like a emo pop song to much.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Lol! Yeah, that's the prob with pop-techno, the emo thing. But def yeah, when i wanna rock, i want loud, fast, hard! When i wanna chill, i want electronics!
Here's a few more you can check. I never know how peeps take the last one (Starkillers) but it's def one of my favs, lol!
YouTube - deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (HQ)
YouTube - Neelix - Coloured Light
YouTube - Trance Accuface Your Destination
YouTube - Cascada - Piece Of Heaven
YouTube - Armin van Buuren VS. Rank 1 - This World Is Watching Me (Official Music Video)
YouTube - Scream- Starkillers
------
Wow! Can't believe i forgot these guyz! Filo & Peri really kick in trance right now! This is a track from their new album, Nightplay: Bigroom Sound Edition, that came out 2 months ago:
YouTube - Filo & Peri feat. Fisher - Ordinary Moment (Breakfast Mix)

Last edited:

Shwa

V.I.P.
I didn't think you would be into the Trance/Dance genres much Babe, nice selections here! Let's get some Bassment Jaxx up in this b!tch :D

YouTube - Basement jaxx RED ALERT

YouTube - Basement Jaxx Feat. Lisa Kekaula - Good Luck(Appleseed O.S.T.)

Also some Offer Nissim too!

YouTube - Offer Nissim Feat. Maya - On My Own

I'm sure David Guetta counts as Dance, lol:

YouTube - David Guetta feat. Estelle - One Love (Official videoclip)

Love this song by the Aphex Twins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2LeKSwUE5U

Last edited:

Dekzper

Registered Member
Awesome tracks Shwa! Electro n dance have sooo many dimensions, sweet! Just to mix things up, here's a few more. The 1st is off Corsten's new album, "Once Upon A Night", the 2nd is a very old Tune Up, the 3rd is a more recent Cascada, and the last is usually called advanced chiptunes, LMAO, from Infected Mushrooms new album, "Legend of the Black Shawarma". Btw, no offense to chiptunes, chiptunes rock especially if it's IM or SabrePulse!
YouTube - Ferry Corsten presents Pulse - Once [HQ]
YouTube - Ravers Fantasy - Tune Up! & Dj Spinback
YouTube - Cascada - Evacuate the dancefloor
YouTube - Audiosurf - Infected Mushroom - Project 100

Kanji

Registered Member

I'm so glad you made this thread. I had no clue you was into this kind of music. :):cool::D

btw Good luck by Basement Jaxx and I Remember by Deadmau5 has always been some of my favorites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV0IBNHWFeg

Last edited: