• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tech Cards

K

Kai

Post Cards that are tech here for this new format.

an old tech card: Blade Knight
Dekoichie's, MOF, Skelengel, Merchant... Enough said.

Is the last format did u ever start off with setting a dekoichi and sakuretsu first turn?

ah yes, many opening moves, especially with only one crossout running lose. Ever Get MST'ed and then Lv2'd first turn? this was a regular -1 and really sucked if u couldn't get something strong enough to kill that Lv2. Some people had to summon and kill Lv2 w/ dekoichi, and some people just were able to kill Lv 2 w/ probably a Cyber Dragon.

Well, here is my new theory.

Typhoon and Lv2 in This format. Drawing a MST is hard enough and a Lv2 as-well? well with ROTA around it was simpler, but warrior decks aren't that great anymore thanks to DDA's restriction and teched Dark world monsters.

Then Lets Move On To CCC. Yep, thats right cookie cutter chaos teching a blade knight and a copy or 2 of nobleman of extermination. sure blade knight is an easy pray for cyber dragon, but then again, who isn't? That and making the opponents probabilities of having it less by not letting him draw a card w/ dekoichi and skelengel is a little plus. that and removing your opponents copies of BLTH or Sakuretsu is great, since widespread has been seen less in play in this format.

They are not the best cards ever, but u get the point. besides another spell for MOF to retrieve ain't bad at all (most decks have to use Scapegoat, metamophasis, book of moon and confiscation, and those spells aren't that great). Sure blade knight's effect contradicts w/ u having a treefrog and or a cyber dragon, but teching them is great, especially against DDV that has been seen in play more since CS is so popular.

My point, Blade knight is worth it, and if u remember BLS days, u should know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another tech is Big Shield Gardna and Mid Shield Gardna

Mid shield is decent since it doesn't get switch battle position effect, but its a prey to cyber dragon (can anyone say -1?)

And Big Shield Gardna
yet another decent card.
It works at its greatest when your opponent NoC's it and then smashing's it foe 2 for 1, but if it dies in battle, all it was was a 1 for 1 card in exchange for a chunk of life points. maybe a smaller version of lily and RoD lol. What i am trying to say is that BSG is greatest when either you tribute it for a monarch (or a decent tribute monster) and or targeted by NoC then killed by non continuous card effect such as Smashing ground, fissure or night assailant (assuming he didn't tsukuyomi it back f/d). One thing I've learned the hard way is that your opponent doesn't always have a NoC lol. pretty bad -1 when i lose it in battle.

Still very nice Tech. now u post what cards u think are tech, and feel free to argue about the cards i think are tech.

Tech Cards by Kai: Blade Knight, Nobleman of Extermination, Big and Mid Shield Gardna

sorry about any grammer errors =\

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
the things you are saying are ok but not great. there is no need to run any of these things. if you don't believe me then take it to a regional or something and you'll see.

K

Kai

I never Told anybody to run these, these are just tech cards, for example Shane Scurry teched a spell shield type 8 and St. Clair's sand moth in last formats shonen jump.  Outphaze members (well known team from Dallas/Fort Worth) like Jason, Chris, and Evan Vargas are most likely to get top 8 no matter what they are running (remember that i am only talking about Regonals), for example Jason Holloway was Teching a Desert Sunlight the regionals in the 15 of April and got second place. =\
Yeah, no need to take these cards to regionals.. I'll take them to Nats.
BTW whats the furthest any "proub" member of team Exile ever gotten? they are unknown to me and any other palyer i know (not even metagame has u mentioned in any of thier articles).  A game X crew member (my team) has made it to worlds, Steven Arias who got 12th, and everybody else has qualified and competed at nationals.
Don't flame people for their post take time. And perhaps being a member of a poor known team u don't understand the meaning of "Tech".  Its allright, every member and team starts somewhere. and since i am posting, might as well post about another tech card, Last Will.

Last Will's correct effect: If a monster on your side of the field was sent to your Graveyard this turn, you can Special Summon 1 monster with an ATK of 1500 points or less from your Deck once during this turn. Then shuffle your Deck.

This is a great tech indeed, and even better, another spell MOF can bring back. this card is great for searching for sangan or another card u might need. it also leaves a state effect, were u can special summon during anytime during your turn, excluding the damage step.  so if u exile force your opponents monster, then attack him directly say with a Zaborg, and your opponent plays mirror force, you can summon a monster after mirror force resolves, and attack with it.

A key difference from the original text is that you ca play this card even after a monster has been sent to the grave, so if your opponent Sakuretsu armor's your tsukuyomi, you can play last will during your main phase 2 and special summon a monster in your End phase!  really weird but tricky card ain't it?

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Pugz said:
*Claps* Whoooo, yay Kai! He knows his stuff! ^_^
U sure do like to get on my nerves Pugz. It;s cool though someone has to do it.

Kai said:
I never Told anybody to run these, these are just tech cards, for example Shane Scurry teched a spell shield type 8 and St. Clair's sand moth in last formats shonen jump. Outphaze members (well known team from Dallas/Fort Worth) like Jason, Chris, and Evan Vargas are most likely to get top 8 no matter what they are running, for example Jason Holloway was Teching a Desert Sunlight the regionals in the 15 of April and got second place. =\
Yeah, no need to take these cards to regionals.. I'll take them to Nats.
BTW whats the furthest any "proub" member of team Exile ever gotten? they are unknown to me and any other palyer i know (not even metagame has u mentioned in any of thier articles). A game ex crew member (my team) has made it to worlds, Steven Arias who got 12th, and everybody else has qualified and competed at nationals.
Don't flame people for their post take time. And perhaps being a member of a poor known team u don't understand the meaning of "Tech". Its allright, every member and team starts somewhere. and since i am posting, might as well post about another tech card, Last Will.

Last Will's correct effect: If a monster on your side of the field was sent to your Graveyard this turn, you can Special Summon 1 monster with an ATK of 1500 points or less from your Deck once during this turn. Then shuffle your Deck.

This is a great tech indeed, and even better, another spell MOF can bring back. this card is great for searching for sangan or another card u might need. it also leaves a state effect, were u can special summon during anytime during your turn, excluding the damage step. so if u exile force your opponents monster, then attack him directly say with a Zaborg, and your opponent plays mirror force, you can summon a monster after mirror force resolves, and attack with it.

A key difference from the original text is that you ca play this card even after a monster has been sent to the grave, so if your opponent Sakuretsu armor's your tsukuyomi, you can play last will during your main phase 2 and special summon a monster in your End phase! really weird but tricky card ain't it?
For saying what you said and for putting me on blash I like you. It takes alot to do what you did and I like that. Your right we aren't know on a major scale. Money is a main reason for this, but if your going to nationals then I guess I'll have to go jsut to meet you. Lets keep in touch "dogs".

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
You stay away from Kai, and i'm not getting on your nerves, you just find me annoying. I've known Kai for a long time and i know he knows his stuff.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Pugz said:
You stay away from Kai, and i'm not getting on your nerves, you just find me annoying. I've known Kai for a long time and i know he knows his stuff.
I don't have to satay away from n.e body n so you know we are cool. I have respect for him. I don't know if it's the other way around but, we are cool. You act like there is war every where. Thats all said and done. Please stay on topic.

On topic the only tech I can think of that is okie th=o be splashed is spell shield type 8 and wave motion cannon.

S

Scyanyde666

kudos on wave cannon...stealth bird is also great tech...especially in tourneys that feature sudden death matches where dealing the first hit is key!!

another would be Night Assailant...reasons are obvious...

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Scyanyde666 said:
kudos on wave cannon...stealth bird is also great tech...especially in tourneys that feature sudden death matches where dealing the first hit is key!!

another would be Night Assailant...reasons are obvious...
I would actually have to agree, but I don't think night assailant could be splashed into n.e deck.

S

Scyanyde666

tis is tru about n.a.
here's a much more situational tech:

-Possessed Dark Soul-
Has priority like Exiled and can potentially take otherwise threatening monsters to your favor...monsters in mind include:
*Reapers
*TER's
*Stealth Birds (they'll have to be flipped up due to Ceasefire/SoRL though)
*Camels/Scarabs/Locusts (see above)
*MSLV2's
*other 3 star monster techs such as Banisher ov the Light, Legendary Jujitsu Master and Twin Headed Behemoth...

unfortunately like I said earlier this card is HIGHLY situational and the times to exploit the effect don't always come around...but with the uprise ov lower level monsters this plus Ceasefire/SoRL can actually become advantageous when used correctly...