Team USA:Who makes the cut, and what should the rotation be?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Team USA Player Pool:

Melo
    Lebron
    Shane Battier
    Billups
    Bosh
    Bowen
    Brand
    Kobe
    Hinrich
    Dwight
    Jamison
    Marion
    Morrison
    Redd
    JJ Reddick
    Ridnour
    Amare
    Boozer
    Chandler
    Kidd
    Mike Miller
    Tayshaun
    Deron Williams
    Oden
    Durant

Arenas, Odom, Joe Johnson, Paul, Pierce, and Brad Miller are out with injuries.

My starters:
    PG - Kidd
    SG - Kobe [​IMG]
    SF - Melo [​IMG]
    PF - Bosh
    C - Amare

Bench:
    Deron
    Boozer
    Bron
    Billups
    Redd
    Oden
    Dwight

Discuss

2. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Melo over Bron, huh? I'd actually do the same thing because Melo needs to dribble the ball less to put up the same amount of points as Lebron. Kobe already pounds the ball so much that you want someone you can go for points without the dribbling. And that's Carmelo because of his superb post-up game, which for Lebron is still a work-in progress.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Yea I gotta agree with Zu Melo is too much of a ball hogg to start for the USA team, even though Bron has the ball in his hands almost as much as Melo he's a better passer and thats what Team USA needs to retain their dominance.

Starters

PG-Kidd
    SG-Kobe
    SF-LeBron
    PF-Brand
    C-Amare

Bench

Melo
    Oden
    Redd
    Billups
    Marion
    Dwight
    Bowen

4. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

yea, Kobe + Melo in starting lineup = bad chemistry, i wonder why steve nash isnt in the team

Starters:

PG - Jason Kidd
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    PF - Chris Bosh
    SF - Lebron James
    C - Amare Stoudemire

Bench:

Melo
    Oden
    Chauncey
    Brand
    Marion
    Redd
    Dwight

5. zunami

zunami Registered Member

What are you talking about? I said Melo should start. He's less of a ballhog than Lebron. I know this because I watched 90% of Denver's games last season. Lebron has to dribble more in order to score and he just stands still with the ball in his hands way too often. Melo can just post up, take 2 dribbles and make turnaround jumpers at a consistent rate. That way Kobe will handle the ball the most. If Kobe and Lebron are on the court at the same time, there's a bigger chance Lebron gets too passive.

Kidd
    Kobe
    Melo
    Bosh
    Stoudemire

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

LMAO ... you're kidding right?

Nash is Canadian!

my starters;

Kidd
    Kobe
    LeBron
    Brand
    Stoudamire

bench
    Boozer
    Howard
    Battier (glue guy)
    Melo
    Billups
    Hinrich (better outside shot than Derron but it could be Derron too)
    Redd/Marion (depends on if they want more versatility or better outside shooting)

no Chris Paul?

p.s. good to see you go to Real GM too MJ... I take it you're not the original thread starter?

p.p.s. found out Bosh is most likely not playing, so they need size, Boozer is the choice after this years playoffs

7. zunami

zunami Registered Member

OMFG. LOL, I hate being rude but please try to post as little as possible in the future. ;)

8. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

oops my bad, i forgot about that :p

9. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Melo was also the best player for Team USA the last time so there's another reason to start him.

10. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

That may be true but that was last year Kobe wasnt not on the team last year if I remember correctly. This time around Melo wont have the ball in his hands nearly as much, plus he has a shoot first mentality which wont help when you have another player on the team whos better with the same mentality.