Team USA Looking For Respect

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Brian Windhorst of the BEACON JOURNAL writes, "It once was considered impossible that basketball's founding nation would ever lose its international supremacy in the fast-growing sport. The United States is still home to James Naismith's original peach basket and memories of the 1992 Dream Team, but no longer any major global championships. Four years of taking repeated bruises on the court and to the ego have left the country's governing foundation, USA Basketball, hoping for something else deemed impossible: to have the best of both worlds at the worlds."
Click To View Article

W

WooWooJuggalo

Does anyone honestly care if we win in the olympics? I don't care. Most NBA benches are better than every international team out there, us losing to them means nothing to me. If we do lose the media will pretend to care and start an uproar over it...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it is pretty big if they lose, just because they are known to be the best players in the league, so losing to international players is pretty huge. Now I think they're going to get some respect in the upcoming years, because they have some of the best players in the league.