Team USA Invite Soon for Kidd

K

Kidd

Mark Spears of the Denver Post is reporting that Jason Kidd and Carlos Boozer will soon be getting invitations to join Team USA this summer. The two will be among more than 20 players who will try out for the team, which will play in the Americas Tournament in Las Vegas starting August 22 and presumably in the Olympics in Beijing in 2008. Kidd who did not play in the 2006 World Championships had his agent contact USA Basketball. Kidd-led teams are 28-0 in international competition.
http://www.denverpost.com/spears/ci_5009615

V

Vinsanity

Kidd should really help out team USA. He will be a great addition. They would be stupid to cut him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They would never cut him that's for sure, he would be a great addition to the team, he's one of the best point guards in the league, and he would really help this team in a lot of ways. The thing is I don't know if he's going to accept it if he does get the invite, because I think he'll like to take the summer off.

K

Kidd

Kidd Appears Bound for Beijing

Jason Kidd admitted Monday that he wants to play for Team USA not just this year in Las Vegas, but next year in Beijing...at the Olympics. And it appears he will get his wish. The Nets captain, who is playing his best basketball in years, is expected to get an invitation from USA Basketball in the next few days. Carlos Boozer of the Jazz is expected to be invited as well. Nenad Krstic and Mile Ilic have committed to play for Serbia while Boki Nachbar remains uncertain about playing for Slovenia.
Source

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess I was wrong about J-Kidd. Glad to see he wants to play of Team U.S.A. It would help this team a lot to have a skillful and experience point guard like Jason Kidd play for them, compared to a young Chris Paul.

I guess after all the losing the US players have experienced in the last couple of years they want to regain their thrown.