Team U.S.A

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So the Olympics are around the corner. I was wondering what were your expectations for Team U.S.A?

Do you believe there the favorite to win the Gold Medal? If not who do you believe is?

Do you think this is the best assemble team since the Dream Team?

Who do you think will be the Most Valuable Player on Team U.S.A?

So in others words lets discuss about the chances of this U.S.A team winning the Gold Medal.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
As a Duke fan and seeing Coach K as the head coach and his team oriented philosophy and a very defensive game plan, I think the american are and should bring the gold back home.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If they put in any effort on the defensive end then I think they'll win the gold medal. I think they have to be considered the favorite to win, but of course there are several other good teams that are more than capable of beating them. The MVP will be Kobe.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Not just the players and the coach, but one other thing that helps is they got this team together and have had them together to work on being a team for a couple years now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's what I think.

The team is definitely the favorite followed by Spain (maybe Argentina), Italy, Germany. Definitely a talented team and arguably the best since that 1992 team. But they are lacking bigs and Howard is a little injured leaving them with no other true centers on the team. I think the MVP will be Melo. He really seems to have figured out the international game the best and he's become a leading scorer for the team. Kobe will be a willing passer and look to defend moreso than score considering the numerous options on the team. Also Lebron could be a possible MVP.

Hopefully the USA doesn't run into a team that is shooting lights out and they should be able to bring home the Gold. However I also don't expect blowouts every game. In fact it'll be interesting too see who gets the ball in close games and maybe they might test the chemistry of the team.

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
But they are lacking bigs and Howard is a little injured leaving them with no other true centers on the team.
im with u on that, i dont understand why we dont have more bigs

The MVP will be Kobe.
agreed. he is just so talented, i cant see him not getting it.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Last time I wasnt shocked with the team of egos that got thrown together real quick, if the US doesnt bring home gold this time I will be very shocked, this team should remind the rest of the world just who we are.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe that it will be a huge shocker as well. We have some of the best players in the World on this team. We have the MVP of the season in Kobe Bryant. We have one of the best centers in the league in Howard. Two of the best power forwards in Bosh and Boozer. Kidd is still one of the best point guards in the league. He brings leadership and experience. He won't need to score for this team, he'll only need to find open teammates, which hes very good at doing.

The list goes on and on, this team must win the Gold and they should win it as well.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the United States basketball team doesn't win the gold medal then they should all crawl into separate holes and disappear for a month.