Team passion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by pro2A, Oct 18, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I never understood team passion. I have team passion, but never understood why it creates such an emotion when you are watching your team. What is it about sports that makes people get angry if their team looses, and happy if they win?

Discuss...

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's the thrilled of watching your team win and the anger watching your team lose. The passion is just in you, you'll cheer your heart out for your team, and be very angry when they lose.

It's very hard to explain in words.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Impossible to explain really. I grew up watching my home town teams play...I went to games with my family, it was a bonding experience. Why does anybody love anything? If there's a passion for them then your emotions will run wild win and lose.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I think this is one of the major downfalls of where I live. We dont have any top tier "Pro" league teams, we've got plenty of minor league and other feeder leagues in different sports... but none are truly the Big Show.

So I grew up watching teams that would have players that eventually just got fed into the big leagues, a Great example... Tim Lincecum played for the Fresno Grizzlies for about a month or two. I got to see him play a few times and then the Giants decided it was time he got a lookin the bigs and Bam! Fresno never saw him again.

This is relevant because I can never really get a team that I feel comfortable with, a team I can be happy to see or confident will even be whole enough to win. Basically I think what happens to me is that I go to Live sporting events here and its just to satisfy the need to get out and see something different. I dont feel an Allegiance to the Pro teams. The closest allegiance I feel why any sports here is the Fresno State Bulldogs NCAA.... because it seems to be the only "constant" sports outlet we have here.

I do believe if we had a Franchise move in (which is highly unlikely) I could become Passionate...because then I'd feel like more part of the team.