PC Games Team Fortress 2 Looks AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was a big fan of the original Team Fortress Classic Half-Life mod by Valve. It was one of the best capture the flag style FPS I've ever played.

I heard rumors of the sequel coming out on the new Source engine but I wasn't really following it closely. I did just happen to check out some videos on YouTube for the new TF2 and I have to say it looks pretty awesome!

They are bringing a cell-shading cartoonish look to the game, which at first made me worry a bit. I love the realism presented in games like Counter-Strike and Half-Life 2, but I guess this game was always a bit more arcade style than the other popular HL mods. After watching the videos I think it's definitely gonna be a hit.

Here's a preview from IGN that also includes some screenshots:

IGN Advertisement

And here's some YouTube videos:

YouTube - Team Fortress 2

YouTube - Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Trailer

(There are some other videos too. Just check the related videos box for more.)

2. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Hey that is just freaking pretty awesome. I could lose my self in that one.

3. Mirage

I just heard that this game will be coming out on October 9th, 2007. Kind of a bummer since IGN had reported it as Q2 2007. October 9th is definitely Q4.

Oh well. I have Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch to hold me through for now. I've been getting into HL2: DM a lot more lately.

4. Mirage

Here's a good writeup from IGN covering the entire "Orange Box" release from Valve.

IGN: The Orange Box Preview

The Orange Box includes Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and a new game called Portal.

Each time I look at the screenshots for Team Fortress 2 I get more and more excited for this game to come out. It really looks like it's going to take the #1 HL2 mod spot. Right now my favorite mod is Counter-Strike, but, I have high hopes that TF2 will have much better replay value.

5. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

I loved the original TFC, but I cannot get over the Cell shading. It just looks like they got lazy. There was potential to make an incredibly shiny game there, but they chose not to..

makes me sad...:(

6. Mirage

I didn't like the Cell Shading idea at first but the more I thought about it it made sense to me. The game has always been a bit more "arcadish" than some of the other HL mods, so the cartoon look could be a fun twist.

I think that after playing the game you won't mind the new look. I think it will be a very interesting new look for the series.

7. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

I suppose. Its going to be one of those games Ill play at someone else's house before I buy it. I didn't like how the game was presented in the trailers. I can be a picky gamer though. I usually associate cell shading with Jet Grind Radio.

Until then Ill bury my head into some old timey Fallout 2.